Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,765   Posts: 1,670,817   Online: 796

View Poll Results: HOW Analog Are You?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally analog; don't own or use a digital camera of any kind.

78 34.67%
  • Mostly analog/film; may on occasion use a digital camera (less than 10% of time)

101 44.89%
  • Mostly hybrid; use film primarily for capture, and scan & print digitally most of the time

46 20.44%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Medium Format

analog

I shoot everything in analog b&w and do wet darkroom exclusively I do however use a digital p/s for stuff I want to sell on ebay Or send something online to one of my kids.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I shoot b&w MF and 4x5 analog, print in a wet darkroom silver and platinum/palladium. I enlarge negatives on to x-ray duplicating film for pt/pd but have found enlarging them digitally also works well. I find scanning negatives and printing proofs with ps is helpful to see if burning and/or dodging will be needed as well as what contrast controls I might need (use Aristo VCL4500 enlarger light source with Ilford mg fiber paper). I also will do some prints digitally with ultrachrome ink on rag paper. Occasionally you the right composition with something that just won't work in the darkroom and photoshop saves the day. Hey, you can even make photographs of friends and relatives look like what they think they look like.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use digital for family snaps and I've been scanning old family pics to build an archive.
    My personal photography is 100% analog. So much so that I jumped into 8x20 so I would not have learn to make large digital negs for contact printing my carbon prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nothing to do with cameras, but I wear an analog watch (a Citizen "Ecozilla"), and it gives me a laugh when a kid (teenagers) asks me what time it is and I show him my watch, only to find that unless it's digital, alot of kids can't tell time. It's funny, but sad at the same time.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Only analog. My wife owns a digital but I have never used it, and probably never will. I live in my b&w homemade darkroom.
    Ric Johnson
    Proud member of the League of Upper Midwest Pinholers & f295

"I think, therefore, I photograph."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The only reason I bought my Nikon Digital is to enter shows. Everybody wants images on a stupid disc. IMHO the only way to judge work is in the original if you can't do that by slide. The absolute worse way of doing it is by cd.
    You can have my film camera from my cold dead hands

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only digital equipment I own are two light meters, a Sekonic L-358 and a Gossen Digipro.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use digital, direct from camera or scanned from negative, for any commercial use such as product photos since it either goes on line or printed by my laser printer. Itís great for quick communications through email. It has replace Polaroid more easily than film. However, you still need to know how to properly expose, light, and compose.
    I prefer film and prints for personal use, because the quality blows away anything digital. Even if digitized by scanning, film is superior. It also will last a lifetime, maybe several lifetimes.
    Film will outlast any computer, file format, or any back up plan. I donít need batteries or a recharger. My entire lens collection work as they should, except when on a DSLR which makes my normal a telephoto. No shutter lag. No confusion of what the %#!@ computerized camera or software is doing.
    I often thought that Kodak and others should have emphasized low cost scanners to encourage continued use of film by the more serious user.
    I would like to see both live side by side, happily ever after.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The only digital equipment I own are two light meters, a Sekonic L-358 and a Gossen Digipro.
    Update-I broke my mobile phone yesterday, and I bought a new cellphone with a digital camera in it , It's very hard to find one without these days,I hope this Isn't the thin end of the wedge.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All black and white is film, all colour is digital. Since I shoot mostly black and white I guess I'm somewhere around 65-70% analog.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin