Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,647   Online: 926

View Poll Results: HOW Analog Are You?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally analog; don't own or use a digital camera of any kind.

78 34.67%
  • Mostly analog/film; may on occasion use a digital camera (less than 10% of time)

101 44.89%
  • Mostly hybrid; use film primarily for capture, and scan & print digitally most of the time

46 20.44%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use digital, direct from camera or scanned from negative, for any commercial use such as product photos since it either goes on line or printed by my laser printer. Itís great for quick communications through email. It has replace Polaroid more easily than film. However, you still need to know how to properly expose, light, and compose.
    I prefer film and prints for personal use, because the quality blows away anything digital. Even if digitized by scanning, film is superior. It also will last a lifetime, maybe several lifetimes.
    Film will outlast any computer, file format, or any back up plan. I donít need batteries or a recharger. My entire lens collection work as they should, except when on a DSLR which makes my normal a telephoto. No shutter lag. No confusion of what the %#!@ computerized camera or software is doing.
    I often thought that Kodak and others should have emphasized low cost scanners to encourage continued use of film by the more serious user.
    I would like to see both live side by side, happily ever after.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The only digital equipment I own are two light meters, a Sekonic L-358 and a Gossen Digipro.
    Update-I broke my mobile phone yesterday, and I bought a new cellphone with a digital camera in it , It's very hard to find one without these days,I hope this Isn't the thin end of the wedge.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All black and white is film, all colour is digital. Since I shoot mostly black and white I guess I'm somewhere around 65-70% analog.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin