Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,305   Online: 1109

View Poll Results: HOW Analog Are You?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally analog; don't own or use a digital camera of any kind.

78 34.67%
  • Mostly analog/film; may on occasion use a digital camera (less than 10% of time)

101 44.89%
  • Mostly hybrid; use film primarily for capture, and scan & print digitally most of the time

46 20.44%
Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just HOW ANALOG Are You?

Just for curiosity, I am interested in seeing "how analog" APUGgers really are. I find myself mostly analog or hybrid at this point, and would go more towards totally analog if I had better access to a darkroom.

Looking forward to seeing the poll results!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm completing my color darkroom with a friend.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I shoot black and white, I'm completely analog except for the few digital pics that I decided look better in black and white.

When I shoot color, I used to shoot all digital until I sold my digital camera to pay for an enlarger and assesories. Now my color workflow is hybrid. I shoot film and then scan it. I would do color developing and printing if I shot enough color film to justify buying the chemicals and if I had the patience to get the color balance right
    "The mind that will not admit it has something more to learn tomorrow is in danger of stagnating"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm totally hybrid.

Don't have space to setup a wet darkroom, so my B&W home development is darkbag & daylight tanks. Color film is sent out. All the negs are scanned. I also own good digital rigs and use them but the balance of field shooting is at the moment in favor of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm totally analog. Have never owned a digital camera in my life. I do scan my slides, mostly just for my records, but all black and white is printed in the darkroom. That being said, once I can afford a better printer, I'll probably be hybrid so I can make enlarged negatives to do alt. process work.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't have all of the possibilities covered up there.

I know one guy here who will shoot wet plate collodion, scan that in, print a digital negative, and then print that in gum bichromate over platinum/palladium.
    I know another guy who shoots digital 90% of the time, but does do some film now and again.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    I shoot digital for taking notes and exploring different angles, focal lengths, times of day, etc. in preparation for landscapes. Once I have something I like, I come back with my LF camera. At times I may not get the final result on LF until years after the initial digital picture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Jeremy suggests, I don't find my methods on the list! I shoot probably 90% or more of my color stuff with electrocuted bits - partly economics, partly instant gratification, partly that the final destination is generally a d*git@l format. I shoot all my B&W with film. I print very little of any of my shots; mostly put them on the web. When I print B&W, its probably 90% wet darkroom, with an occasional inkjet print as a sort of "proof of concept." For color prints to Aunt Whatsername, it's likely inkjet, for color entries in an exhibition, it's likely sent off to get done on Crystal Archive or whatever. (C-prints are infrequent, as my exhibition entries have been about 85% B&W.)

Shooter
    35mm
    If you shoot only film, owning no digital camera, but you don't do your darkroom work then 99% chance that you're the hybrid type. It's almost impossible to have the lab printing your film in the analog way nowaday.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I shoot digital in a few situations. When traveling, I have a couple of digital cameras handy. One with a long lens for wildlife. The other for situations where the LF cameras will not do well, like high winds, rain, etc.

Other than those few situations it is large format film, mostly B&W. I find as time goes on, ther eis less color and less digital. Nothing really satisfies like LF.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin