Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,659   Online: 873

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1 degree NP filter for Sekonic L358?

Until now I've been shooting mostly in 120 format, a little bit of 35mm. I'm getting ramped up to start working in LF and would like to be a bit more meticulous about my exposures & applying the zone system.

I already have a Sekonic L358 and find it to be quite useful. I noticed that Sekonic makes a spot meter attachment.

Do these work pretty well? Or are they junk?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They work excellent but they are very, very expensive. Try to find a used one here or at auction.
    I have the 358 as well. Love that meter.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a sekonic L-358 and the 1degree NP spot attachment , It's definitely not junk, I bought mine new last year it cost £125 ( about $198 USD) and It's probably saved me more than that in wasted film, I don't shoot L/F just 35mm and 120.
    The 1 degree spotfinder enables you to take up to nine spot reading and put them into the meters memory, then average them at the push of a button, It's magic.
    I don't consider this finder expensive compared with buying a seperate spotmeter, the only drawback it has is It's size, It's pretty big about three inches long and one inch diameter.
    If you can find one second hand cheaper all the better, but I couldn't, or find any local stores that had them in stock, I had to order mine from a local pro dealer who ordered it from the importers for me.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-28-2009 at 06:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    $198 in USD? man did they drop in price... I do consider it an excellent meter attachement for landscape and just has benjiboy says for avg. it's really great.
    Best

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The 1 degree spotfinder enables you to take up to nine spot reading and put them into the meters memory, then average them at the push of a button, It's magic.
    :o

I really should have paid more attention to the manual. I have only made use of the most basic functions and wasn't aware of this one. Very cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    :o

I really should have paid more attention to the manual. I have only made use of the most basic functions and wasn't aware of this one. Very cool.
    The L-358 is a great flash meter too it tells you what percentage of of the reading is ambient light , and how much is flash which is very useful to balance the light in a room with the outside daylight, or flash with incandescent room light from tungsen bulbs.
    This is such a good meter that if it could wake me up in the morning with a cup of cofee, I would marry it
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-29-2009 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin