Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,001   Posts: 1,633,478   Online: 834

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Someone pinch me! Kodak actually promoted a slide film! That is really, really, really, awesome news! You go KODAK!!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is great news! I hope they do this more often.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know they gave out a lot when Ektar came out. If you called them, they sent you a free roll! I got some before it even hit the stores!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Someone pinch me! Kodak actually promoted a slide film! That is really, really, really, awesome news! You go KODAK!!
    Yay! There is still hope in the bright analog world.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Free Ektachrome not labeled as "Sample"

Quote Originally Posted by fLOVE View Post
    Well They were all labeled "SAMPLE NOT FOR RESALE" on the boxes...so if you find any there with that then you'll know.
    I got two free 135-36 Ektachromes, neither one labled as "Sample". When I arrived at about 1:00PM Thursday, the wait for the free film was less than 5 minutes. Later on that day, the wait was over fifteen minutes. The free film was a big draw.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love the news about the film giveaway, especially since I'm a lifelong film user.. My wife is dragging me kicking and screaming towards digital. I really would like to know "What is the Impossible Project?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Impossible Project is an attempt in Europe to reverse engineer and produce Polaroid film.

More info:

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    The Impossible Project is an attempt in Europe to reverse engineer and produce Polaroid film.

More info:

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/
    And I believe they have a few Polaroid refugees in their camp to help things along. With Polaroid's recent announcement to produce MORE 600's, it looks like they even have the support of the big "P" as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's great to hear Kodak promoting their film - the biggest problem in the UK though (and one of the reasons I started Ag Photographic) is people want to shoot film but can't actually find any to buy! The number of people who we get calling for something straightforward like Portra and saying "I cant find it anywhere".

This is a major problem, because if people can't find something they will use an alternative, like digital - the number of phbotographers who say "I'd love to be shooting film.....but I cant get what I want". It is tragic. Hopefully we are going to turn this around.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl K View Post
    I got two free 135-36 Ektachromes, neither one labled as "Sample". When I arrived at about 1:00PM Thursday, the wait for the free film was less than 5 minutes. Later on that day, the wait was over fifteen minutes. The free film was a big draw.
    Oh, well the rolls of Tmax I got had it, I just assumed the others did, my bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin