Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,270   Online: 756

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    The Impossible Project is an attempt in Europe to reverse engineer and produce Polaroid film.

More info:

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/
    It's better than just an attempt now, they've successfully made a film that can produce a sustainable image. They will def be coming out with a B&W pack film early next year. If I'm not misinformed they are presently testing and tweaking their film formulations trying to create the best product for us as possible. Color films are also in the works and will come out further into 2010. Polaroid may also reintroduce a film or two, but their contribution is mainly in named support, and commitment to making a new camera to sell. The IP people are really doing the leg work. They have also hired some former Polaroid employees to work on some of these projects, including refurbishing SX-70's and they are designing their own camera for later down the road.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    It's great to hear Kodak promoting their film - the biggest problem in the UK though (and one of the reasons I started Ag Photographic) is people want to shoot film but can't actually find any to buy! The number of people who we get calling for something straightforward like Portra and saying "I cant find it anywhere".

This is a major problem, because if people can't find something they will use an alternative, like digital - the number of phbotographers who say "I'd love to be shooting film.....but I cant get what I want". It is tragic. Hopefully we are going to turn this around.

Matt
    I know what you mean, unless you live in a photo hub or urban setting, odds are getting a hold of analog film supplies are near impossible. I know I'm spoiled living in NYC. That being since the general public has en mass shifted to digital, and in all honesty can we blame some of them? They don't care about many of the things that make film so special to most of us, while the instant nature, lack of commitment to images, and no need to 're-up' but every few years is appealing to them. So if you become one of a handful in an area who want to keep using it, sadly your local photo store probably can't sustain the business on you and your friends alone.

I sincerely hope all of you make efforts to seek out websites to order your supplies from and can mail in to labs if need be. There is a huge support system here online now for analog shooters and printers and so long as there's a will there's a way. Best of luck to all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin