Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,358   Online: 1077

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak gives out 8,000 rolls at Photoplus expo

This past weekend here in NYC at the PDN Photoplus expo, Kodak says they gave away 8,000 rolls of film from their booth. Just wanted to spread the word to show there are still that many people looking to shoot film. I only wish Ilford had been doing something similar, or if Fuji had even shown up.

I was also a little disappointed that Epson and Noritsu didn't bring any scanners along, but I was happy to see the Impossible Project representing at the ICP booth, even bought an SX-70 and some TZ film myself. -f

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's awesome to hear. Not so much that they found enough interest to give away 8,000 rolls, more so that they are still pushing the film end of their product line.

Any word on progress from the Impossible Project from the show?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What film(s) did they give out? My guess is Ektar! This is pretty great news. If they were giving out slide film, I think I'll slip into a coma
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I talked to the IP people who were there and the gist that I got was it's still going to be B&W film is first up next year. Whether it's manipulatable or not they're not sure yet. Color will follow some time after. The main thing Polaroid is doing is making a new camera, purely speculating that it'll be a low end/cost 600 style. The IP people said they are also working on a camera, but it won't be for a while. Their first priority is getting the film out there, and doing it right. There are literally nearly a billion polaroid cameras out there, but the film and types is what's needing replenishing, so they're devoting their efforts to the film. Sales will also provide revenue to allow them to have more spending capital clearly. I was also told that they managed to salvage the 8x10 machine before it was sold off for scrap....so there's a possibility that down the road we could see some new 8x10 IP film...maybe. Sadly I feel the pull apart films, aside from Fuji, are no more, unless they commission new machines to produce the film, which IF it were to happen wouldn't happen for a ways off I'm sure. That's the best I know, in the mean time you can help support them at http://www.the-impossible-project.com/ and you can purchase Polaroid film and cameras at http://www.polapremium.com/ Enjoy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wonder how many of the free rolls are now on ebay?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a great gesture from Kodak. I certainly wouldn't have minded getting some complimentary 220 Tri-X.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    What film(s) did they give out? My guess is Ektar! This is pretty great news. If they were giving out slide film, I think I'll slip into a coma
    They did give out slide film, Ektachrome. They had a nice display with a little bit of everything, but what was being given out was 35mm and 120 of Ektar, Tmax 100 & 400, Portra 160 (can't remember if NC or VC) and 800, Ektachrome, 100 & 200 I think?

I'd of preferred some TriX but took some Tmax.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, I was under the impression that IP had picked up most or all of the machines before they went to the scrap yard. They have some pictures of machinery on their website, I wonder what is missing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I wonder how many of the free rolls are now on ebay?
    Well They were all labeled "SAMPLE NOT FOR RESALE" on the boxes...so if you find any there with that then you'll know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    Wow, I was under the impression that IP had picked up most or all of the machines before they went to the scrap yard. They have some pictures of machinery on their website, I wonder what is missing?
    Well it's my understanding that the plants in Mexico and MA were both essentially gone before IP could get anything from them, exception being the 8x10. It's mostly the integral films like 600 and TZ that they have there in Holland. So again I think the 3.25x4.25 and 4x5 Polaroids are just what's left is left kind of situation. Thankfully Fuji does make Color and B&W in both sizes. Personally though I'd like to see Fuji make more types, like an artistic stock, or where it gives you a negative on top of the print without bleaching off the back, and a faster speed B&W in 4x5 would be cool too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin