Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,554   Posts: 1,573,148   Online: 804

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

This makes no sense.

Ok, so I have come across at least 4-5 images in this fickr pool that are from outside the U.S. Can these people not read?

Also, what is with all the toy cameras?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    Ok, so I have come across at least 4-5 images in this fickr pool that are from outside the U.S. Can these people not read?
    I can't see why it would matter. I certainly wouldn't want the Disney trip anyway so they could just post the film to me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't worry me, I was a recipient of Kodak's expired film giveaway and thanks to that I have discovered I like Portra much more than Ektar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    - Why is this on some Kodak employees blog, and not on Kodak's main page

- Why does Kodak even no longer feature any direct link to it's professional films on its main page ("http://www.kodak.com")

That last thing is really sad. Only babbling about digital stuff, a link to "consumer film & processing" hidden away, and links to cinematic film, nothing about still film...

"First Place winner will receive one year's supply of Ektar 100 Film up to 1200 rolls;"

Yeez, I haven't even shot more than about 250 35mm rolls in the past 5 years, and that was including a one year professional photography course where I went through maybe 100 rolls! That is a life times supply for some
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I now discovered the link to professional film products can be found by using the entire upper right "All Kodak Products & Services" link... but I would have hoped they had made it a bit more prominent...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My question about the images from outside the US is this: Why enter a contest if you are completely ineligible to win?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    My question about the images from outside the US is this: Why enter a contest if you are completely ineligible to win?
    Because you've already posted the photo on flickr anyway, might as well put it where someone will see it?

Sure, it wastes the time of the judges, but it's just a flickr group. They also have to somehow verify that those are actually shot on Ektar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin