Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,512   Online: 853

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst 138 bearings

The Durst 138 I bought a while ago was missing some hardware in the table arm. All of the lock down hardware was missing but I bought an arm that is complete and it just arrived. The enlarger didn't have a foot pedal table release and I bought one of those a few months ago. The new arm is complete but the bearings are not smooth and will need to be replaced.

Has anyone replaced the bearings in the table arm of a 138 model? There is a shaft that has ends which are half shaft so they can be adjusted with set screws in the housing. The bearings are press fitted onto the shafts.

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are they ball bearings or needle bearings? If so, a place like Boca bearing would likely have replacements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Are they ball bearings or needle bearings? If so, a place like Boca bearing would likely have replacements.
    They are Radial Ball Bearings with a straight bore and are not sealed, sealed bearings would definitely be better. The bearings in these units are not in constant motion and only act as friction reducers for close tolerance sliding.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin