Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,400   Posts: 1,683,459   Online: 988

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Lee L

The Kodak Carousels that I've used over the last 40 years also have a strong propensity to go forward the first time you hit the reverse button on the remote control. So you often have to reverse three times to go back one slide.

I remember playing with the Carousel remote and found I could go forward or reverse by using ONLY the reverse button. A quick press and release is forward and press long enough to say 'r e v e r s e' and it goes backward.

* The Leitz Pradolux RT300 being mentioned in this thread takes the 80 capacity Carousel trays and Kodak Stack Loader, but not the 120 capacity Carousel trays.

My experience is the RT 300 takes both 80 and 140

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The carousels are bulky but the Stack loader & slide clips save a lot of space. I haven't been seeing a lot of the Euro type trays in this area. You will need to have a compatible tray if you go Leitz The off brands Sawyer, Yankee, Airequipt won't work.
    I believe the Leitz projector lenses will fit the Kodaks and are just one of the better brands.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis in VT View Post
    My experience is the RT 300 takes both 80 and 140
    I've never tried a 140 capacity carousel. They may work on the RT 300. The 120 capacity carousels don't work on my RT 300. I should keep an eye out for a 140 and try it.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A working Kodak Ektagraphic projector with a Schneider 70-120mm lens is a nice combination. If you can find a Leitz projector with lens, by all means get it, but the Kodaks will be much more available in the US. However, as mentioned earlier, the lens makes a huge difference in image quality, and the generic Kodak, Apollo, Raynox, etc lenses are not great. Navitar, Buhl, and Schneider lenses for Kodak are usually very good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two Zeiss Ikon they got later together with Leica and mine had already a Leica Lens the Colorplan!
    Good working horses never had an issue with them, same mag as Leica!

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    One point to bear in mind about the Kodak Carousel projectors if you want to store your slides in the magazines,.
    I'd be very careful about storing slides long-term in Carousel magazines. I did this once to my cost when I found that after a little more than a year many of my precious slides were growing threads of fungus. Granted, the South West of England is notoriously damp and other parts of the planet are drier (probably just about any other part!) but for long-term storage it's been tightly-packed sealed boxes with silica gel ever since, with the slides being wheeled out when needed and then returned to their boxes asap.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just got an RT-300 to try out alongside my six Ektagraphics. So far, I can say it is smooth running, and reasonably quiet. I bought it mostly for the whiter light. I like being able to change the bulb from the rear, without needing to pull the projector and flip it upside down. One drawback: the lens is inside a deep well, and not right out in front like on an Ektagraphic or Carousel. That makes it hard to use my Schneider PC perspective control lenses; and impossible to insert my Golden Navitar PC lens. And they are wider and taller. If I changed over completely to these, I'd have to build new stands. So, we'll see how it goes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Okay, now I have discovered that when I plugged a Kodak Ektagraphic programmable dissolve control, model 2, into the RT-300, the projector advances slides continuously. It just keeps cycling the tray around. The dissolve control doesn't even have to be turned on! When I plug in my Entre three-projector dissolve control, everything works normally. I can even run one Ektagraphic and one RT-300, no problem at all. But strangely, the control that Kodak makes is apparently not compatible. Anyone else ever run into this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin