Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,378   Online: 1171

Thread: A little help

Shooter
    35mm

A little help

Broke the handle on my Haliburton case and it is a real pain to foist the thing around being heavy and all smooth with no corners. Can't get the company to respond when inquiring about parts.

The handle is some sort of gray plastic and I guess it, like me, has gotten brittle after all these years

Is there an aluminum case junk yard anywhere? Got an old case that has been run over but the handle is good?

SID

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried calling them? Things may have changed, but several years ago I contacted them about parts for a suitcase, and they were very helpful, and responsive.
    You could also try googling "luggage repair" or some such to locate third parties that might be able to supply the parts.
    Between the camera cases, equipment cases, and luggage that Haliburton has made, there are lots of their products around. Certainly partially broken ones exist, I've seen many in flea markets and shops selling tech salvage stuff. Ebay might be a workable source.

One other possiblity might be to see if you can find out where Airlines send the cases they've done settlements on. Though getting to the person who could tell you would probably be very difficult.
    I traded a smashed Haliburton to Delta for check once but I have no idea where the case ended up, it's probably a Pepsi can now.
    Last edited by bdial; 12-01-2009 at 09:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I must retract all my bad vibes that I rained down on this company!!! Called them and a nice sounding person, I would say girl but that may not be a fact, seemed to hear me and said that they didn't have any handles in the bin but that they were expecting a shipment soon. She took my particulars and that was that.

Yesterday I get home from work and there is a small package on the table from Haliburton! New handle, mounting studs, and special screws!

Their products are good but not cheap. This small bit of customer service may be a fluke. I was a confirmed user already but this is just icing on the cake. This case is perhaps 40 years old. I have three.

No hassle, no charge.

A big thanks!

PS: Back when the world was flat there was a fellow ranger who spent all season in a fire tower. He fell in love with the lovely voice of the dispatcher. She did sound very lovely. Many of us knew her but he only knew her voice! After snow he met Joyce and was heartbroken to find a grandmother.

I try to remember this when I refer to disembodied voices.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin