Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,695   Online: 763

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    i owned a french900mm boyer apo lens that would cover 20x24" negs and weighed 18kg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t192.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	16031

here it is next to a 135mm takumar

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    David, if it is one of these, they work pretty well as long as you follow the instructions.
    Greg:

That's exactly what it is! I guess I just never had a need to try it. Maybe I'll put it on Ebay as a "rare collectable" and start the bidding at $500.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 30" Roll paper easel. It automatically rolls paper from one side to the other, variable length, completely light-tight on wheels, with a 30" roll of colour paper in it that I've never been able to use...
    $1, pickup-only ebay auction not sure why I own it. Currently in storage

EDIT: Okay, I lied, I own a lot of weird stuff.

8" Automatic roll paper cutter, you set the length of the paper you want, load the roll, and it cuts the paper to size and leaves it in a neat pile at the end. Takes about half a second for each sheet and has a very satisfying slice noise. $1.

Ilford 2150 Automatic RC paper processory, maximum width is 20" (? I think), didnt come with the dryer attachment, but I havent had anywhere to plumb it in to try it. $20 (still had the $950 price tag attached)

A Noritsu C41 film processor & and a Fuji analogue minilab. Plus spare parts for pretty much everything - an entire second minilab in boxes. Roll paper cartridges for the minilab, about a dozen, each with paper from 4"-8". The thing I like about the minilab is that it's just an automatic enlarger, it prints optically - load the negative, it focuses automatically and does all the exposure based on your inputs, then it shoots into the processing unit, then out the other end as a finished optical print. $2.70. Currently in storage for lack of space.
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 12-12-2009 at 04:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    Currently in storage for lack of space.
    Yes. I see.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Kodak Hotshoe to Flashcube adapter. I have no use for it, but it is kinda neat looking.

DKT

we have five of those 2150 machines where I work. one works, but is largely unused. another works, but is mothballed. the rest are parts machines, on top of a whole slew of new parts, the tools and field manuals. we were set and ran our lab into the dying days--where we are now. nobody seems to want those 2150s. the surplus lot doesn't want them. none of the local photo schools or arts centers want them. it's a real shame. this is like a stockpile of ilford parts, and the value is like zero or less than zero. like a burden almost.

I don't consider it to be "esoteric" though. I used it every day for almost ten years. same with wing lynches.

the oddest piece of equipment we have is our 1 mp Nikon dslr we bought back in 1995-96. It draws the oddest looks from the photo students who tour our studio. built on an F4 body, but the size of an RB67, no LCD screen, uses a tiny tv screen that slips on the hot shoe and runs on 2 AAs. shot to PCMIA cards. I tell them--your cell phone has higher resolution than this. They love the 2150s though, anyone who takes a darkroom class loves that machine. Too bad nobody seems to actually want one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Greg:

That's exactly what it is! I guess I just never had a need to try it. Maybe I'll put it on Ebay as a "rare collectable" and start the bidding at $500.
    I'm glad I got mine for $10 then! The auction was for a processing thermometer with this thrown in. I see them pop up every now and then for $10-$30, so don't get your hopes up.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    - a Leitz AUFSU accessory finder, great for street shots
    - a Zeiss Sonnar 1.5/5cm in Leica (!) threadmount (original, made in 1943 or so), and it's not a russian fake
    - a Zeiss Biogon 4.5/21mm, made for Zeiss-Ikon Contarex, with an extremely rare M-Leica adapter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Koni-Omegas?

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    I suppose it would be the Instoscope extinction light meter, complete with Scheiner scale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin