Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,393   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

What is the oddest peice of equipment you have?

I was visiting an old friend in my hometown recently and was astounded at the many odd things he had collected (mostly for free i might add) over the years. As an example i think his crowning piece would be a disk processing machine, we both had used it for years as a temp stabilization bath and never thought to ask if it could do anything else.

So what is the oddest bit of equipment you have?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    hmmm,

not too fancy but my Lomo 100' 35mm daylight developing tank is pretty cool - the boxes (I have more than one) are very colorful and erm... 'Russian'

Some of the alt process gumph that one ends up with look like props for Whose Line is it Anyway
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The camera operator.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A wire remote release for the 1000-series Hasselblad cameras.
    It consists of a reel, on which a thin wire is wound, with one end of it connected to a spring driven plunger.
    The plunger screws into the cable release socket, and is primed. A tug on the wire trips a catch and the plunger does the business.

The weirdest i would like to have was one thing (Hasselblad again) that wasn't put into production. It is a pistol grip with built-in mechanical generator. Every time you press the trigger, you not just release the camera, but also generate the tiny amount of electricity the camera needs.
    Great idea! Too bad it never went into production.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An Autoknips for a cable release.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Gitzo air piston self timer/shutter release.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Focorect by H. Schneider & Co., Hamburg. It clamps onto any uncoupled rangefinder camera with a lens that takes 32mm slip-on accessories and by means of its own focusing elements and rangefinder turns the camera into a coupled rangefinder camera. The camera lens stays focused at infinity. It works, but the optical quality of the focusing lenses leaves something to be desired. If speed of operation takes precedence over absolute optical quality, though, it has its uses.

http://www.klausschicht.de/focorect_e.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Polaroid 4x5" End Cap Width masters

I dont know what this is for but I acquired a custom made wooden box from Polaroid. On the top it reads 4X5" END CAP WIDTH MASTERS
    with an ID number of ID9636

There are 3 lower labeled markers .100 LOW LIMIT , .110 NORMAL and
    .120 HIGH LIMIT

When the box is opened there are 3 metal items enclosed which also bare these numbers only on their tops to mark which one goes into which appropriate bay.

In the top right hand corner of the boxes top it reads POLAROID CORPORATION FILM DEVISION INSTRUMENTATION IT. NO 001096

There is also a calibration sticker which reads
    date 10-6-98
    due 10-6-99
    ID 9636

The metal plates/blades inside each weigh 305 grams and measure 2inchesx4.5inches by 0.35 inches thick (at their thickest end)

The plates also revealed an odd property when being weighed they revealed to be highly magnetic being able to support their own weight.

ONE ADDITIONAL NOTE. it may be important that there is one difference in the 3 metal items and it isn't really able to be shown via photographing them and posting it on apug. but all three of these metal items have the metal cut in the same way but the final ridge on the metal where it tapers off to a point varies and it varies by the o.1 of a millimeter. It is an ultra precise variant in the way the metal is shaped.
    it required very careful and close observation for me to notice this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pol1.jpg   pol2.jpg   pol3.jpg   pol4.jpg  
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a daylight developing tank made by Kodak for 35mm film. It was given to me years (decades) ago. It is designed so that even the extraction of the film from the cassette and loading onto the reel is done in the daylight. I've never actually used it, since I can see several points where the process could fail.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Stephen, those look like calibration blocks to quickly set or check a known depth.

David, if it is one of these, they work pretty well as long as you follow the instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dltank-1.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin