Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,326   Online: 877

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    From everything I have seen it looks like a great solution for those who want to travel light or shed some bulk. The only problem is getting one. I sure wish I knew how long the list was and if it will really take over a year to get one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of this model

36cm2, check this link:

http://meteredlight.blogspot.com/
    Galah, no problem at all, it's a spot meter after all and what you said was exactly right. Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    (blackberry curve)

Didn't they stop making those years ago? I was looking into getting one last year and couldn't track it down.
    They did when they couldn't fine a new machinist that would fulfill their stringent requirements of accuracy and delivery.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    From everything I have seen it looks like a great solution for those who want to travel light or shed some bulk. The only problem is getting one. I sure wish I knew how long the list was and if it will really take over a year to get one?
    Yes well that's the case, I put my name on the list way over a year ago and just got an email saying that my name was now at the top of the "LIST" as they put it. I was interested for a couple of years so it's a long haul. They did state that overseas deliveries will be coming soon so maybe the list is getting taken care of and they will have models out to the public. I can get two, they have to be black and the second one will have to wait until the list is taken care of.

They made a list and kept it, it seems very fair, you can email them and they do get back to you. With my bad back I wanted a meter that was as good as my Zone IV but was light. This one seems to be the answer.

Curt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Curt, thanks for explaining the "list." It all seemed to be so mysterious and that if you just said the right things to the right people you would get one. Apparently nothing sinister is going on and no Orcs will be visiting those on the list. Let me know how you like the meter when you get it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    (blackberry curve)

Wow, definitely get this thing and make me jealous. That's awesome. I'll be joining the list shortly.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Their list has been kept, and they've checked it twice or more. So just hope you've been nice.

This is a hobby/side business for a couple of geeky engineer types. True cottage-industry type stuff. I was impressed they actually went through with this second (at least) run of these things. I got one of their pre-production ones from this run and aside from cosmetics, it's perfect. I wish I could find a MF camera this bomb-proof and simple to use, with such high specs and reasonable cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Terence this is what I'm hoping for because as I get older the less baggage I want to carry, in more ways than one. I do wish them well as the manufacturing base of our country is definitely in the dumps these days. For a couple of guys in California to come up with a smaller and perhaps better version of a common tool is outstanding to say the least.

Curt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    These look great. I'd love to get one, but dang they are expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea Tim I've had several years to mull over the price but tonight I sent the money. I'm not rich or have a lot of spending money to put on "toys" but I've talked it over with my wife and she said go ahead and get it. I explained the reasons to her and she thought it sounded reasonable. The NuArc unit that's being delivered tomorrow is another thing, she knows what it will do but wonders what's with me needing such a piece of equipment and making such a fuss about it. Maybe I should do a Carbon print portrait of her and my son from an 8x10 negative I took some time back but haven't printed yet.

I think when I get the light meter I'll put the lanyard around my neck and never take it off. The problem I have with my Soligor is that it's too big and bulky to fit in my pocket, maybe that's why Fred Picker produced the leather belt holster for it. I guess that carbon fiber tripod will have to wait for a few months or I'll need to have garage sale.

All I can say is put your name on the list and start putting away those twenty dollar bills, by the time you have enough one will be available. Unless they go into full production then I don't have an answer.

Regards to all for the information, support and interest,
    Curt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin