Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,477   Online: 907
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Curt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,530
    Images
    15

    Meter Light / Pocket Spot

    Hello all, I don't know which forum meters should be so please relocate it if it's not in the right spot.

    Questions of the day for me:

    Does anyone have a Pocket Spot Meter and what do you think of it?
    Would you buy one again if you had the chance?
    If not which other meter would you get?

    Thank you,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

  2. #2
    df cardwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dearborn,Michigan & Cape Breton Island
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,342
    Images
    8
    Love it. Buy it again ? Yep.

    Not great for shooting in the dark.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

    -Bertrand Russell

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Hello all, I don't know which forum meters should be so please relocate it if it's not in the right spot.

    Questions of the day for me:

    Does anyone have a Pocket Spot Meter and what do you think of it?
    Would you buy one again if you had the chance?
    If not which other meter would you get?

    Thank you,
    Curt

    I have several "spot" meters, none of them fits easiily into a pocket: I usually have it hanging around my neck on a lanyard or strap.

    I think they are the best thing since sliced bread, and I wouldn't be without one (that's why I have so many already -in case I lose one or two)

    I'm always open to the possibiity of adding to my collection, but the trouble is they tend to be expensive around here.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Ont, Canada
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    991
    I love mine. the best for travel. A beautiful piece of work.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

    Regards
    Bill

  5. #5
    Curt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,530
    Images
    15
    That's two positive and one for spot meters in general.

    Anyone else to persuade me?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,346
    I'm waiting for my second (because I want two, and not because of any problem).

    Great construction. Accurate. Tough.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    That's two positive and one for spot meters in general.

    Anyone else to persuade me?
    Curt,

    Just remember the meter (spot or otherwise) will not think for you, it will simply render the spot you meter as medium gray: you will have to use it "intelligently".

    However, the spot meters make it easier to do so by letting you see exactly what it is you are metering (integrating meters fudge the issue), then you can decide how it is to be rendered in your shot.

  8. #8
    Curt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,530
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Curt,

    Just remember the meter (spot or otherwise) will not think for you, it will simply render the spot you meter as medium gray: you will have to use it "intelligently".

    However, the spot meters make it easier to do so by letting you see exactly what it is you are metering (integrating meters fudge the issue), then you can decide how it is to be rendered in your shot.
    Yes this is true, I was specifically asking about a meter called the "Pocket Spot" by Metered Light and not spot meters in general though.

    Regards,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

  9. #9
    36cm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northeast U.S.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    575
    (blackberry curve)

    Didn't they stop making those years ago? I was looking into getting one last year and couldn't track it down.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    ...I was specifically asking about a meter called the "Pocket Spot" by Metered Light and not spot meters in general though.

    Regards,
    Curt
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of this model

    36cm2, check this link:

    http://meteredlight.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Galah; 12-14-2009 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin