Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,229   Posts: 1,659,889   Online: 634

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hunts Photo in U.S.A

What's your experience with them?
    Good,bad,indifferent?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They are pretty good. Their prices are slightly higher than the really big places like B&H, but when I go up to Boston or I am near one of their other stores I usually stop in. They have always been very helpful.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    G'day,
    I have brought film from them. All is well and good. I have had cood service and prompt replies to my emails.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    G'day,
    I have brought film from them. All is well and good. I have had good service and prompt replies to my emails.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought some stuff from them on the 'bay just a couple of weeks ago. Their communication, prices, and shipping cost were all OK, but there was a 9 day delay from date of sale to shipping date which I thought was a bit slack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I won some ebay auctions from them. All went well with no issues.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've gone to their Melrose store quite a bit. The darkroom area has become quite a bit smaller than it used to be but if you're in the area of one of their shops its probably worth stopping in.

Ash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I occasionally buy film from them in the local store, the price is about the same as B&H if you factor in shipping costs. If I buy from their "home" store in Melrose the sales tax tips that equation a little, but the convenience factor of walking in and walking out with what you need is worth it.
    I've also bought stuff from them via ebay, no problems.
    The Melrose store has the most complete selection of equipment on display of any Northeast US store I've been in, including Calumet. Most of the cameras are digis, of course, but they are well stocked with tripods, lighting, bags, etc.
    Last edited by bdial; 12-18-2009 at 07:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    they are good folks !
    they also sell short date film ( call and ask ) and from what i remember they will match
    prices if there is a lower price somewhere else ... they have a 1-800 #
    you can call and ask the particulars.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The darkroom supplies section in the main store in Melrose is a pale shadow of what it used to be in terms of both variety and quantity. They still keep a decent stock of roll film (35 and 120), but sheet film is also hit-or-miss, and mostly miss in sizes larger than 4x5. The rest is all digital and generic sundries now. There isn't much reason for me to make the long drive there any more.

In my one web order experience with them, they confirmed an order and then didn't ship the item as promised. I had to get after them on the phone to rummage around in the stock room, find the item and send it.

Don't trust the online stock indication if you're planning a trip to the store to pick something up - it's not always accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin