Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,739   Online: 1018

Thread: Kudos to B&H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kudos to B&H

Actually, I'd like to laud both B&H and the US Postal Service for both doing a good job.

I placed an internet order with B&H on the evening of Wednesday, December 23. What with the holidays, I didn't know what to expect in terms of shipping promptness and delivery time to Puerto Rico.

B&H shipped the order the next day... Thursday, Christmas Eve. I received it at my PO box Monday morning. I think that's pretty great service from both B&H and the USPS, and I would like to thank B&H publicly for doing a good job.

Oh, I should also point out that when I first checked on the item a few days earlier, it was not in stock. I clicked on the "Email me when this item is back in stock" button, and sure enough, a few days later I received an email which prompted my order.
    Last edited by Sean; 12-29-2009 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    Actually, I'd like to laud both B&H and the US Postal Service for both doing a good job.

............ Another good reason to buy from one an APUG sponsor.
    I agree on all three!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not only did B&H come through with delivering an order in 2 days just before Christmas, but for some reason or other, shipping was free. If it's free, it's for me!!! Henry Posner of B&H checks in here now and then I suppose, especially if there's a B&H thread, and if he happens to read this, well: Good on ya, B&H!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ordered my stuff with ground shipping on the 21st of December...should have been here around the 28th or 29th but I got the box on the 24th. They gave me three day shipping when I paid much less for ground. I'm very pleased. Three day shipping on a 28 lb. box can't be too cheap...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ordered something on the Dec 23rd, and it indicated I would get it on the 29th (3 day shipping). Thing really shipped on the 28th, I am still waiting, it is not going to be here till the 4th of January! So much for 3 day shipping. Wished I could share in your B&H cheers. Instead I am left shaking me fist!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Not only did B&H come through with delivering an order in 2 days just before Christmas, but for some reason or other, shipping was free. If it's free, it's for me!!! Henry Posner of B&H checks in here now and then I suppose, especially if there's a B&H thread, and if he happens to read this, well: Good on ya, B&H!
    Thank you. All the best to you and yours for the new year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another comment that B&H shipped on time and got an item to me in time for Christmas. Good work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After many hours of phoning and searching for a Canadian supplier for Pictorico for making 'upsized' alternative process negatives from my 4x5 in-camera negatives, I finally had to go 'offshore' to B&H.

While I am not 'slow' in bitching about what might be termed 'poor' or 'less than acceptable' customer service I am quite happy to 'spread the word' when a company's support service has been both pleasant, and positive.

I indicated that I was somewhat reluctant to have them sent my purchase by UPS due to their extremely high brokerage charges and the B&H representative 'knew' how to overcome that problem
    by choosing a different shipping company who would not charge more for 'brokerage' than the value of the shipment.

Add one more oversized kudo to the customer sales/service staff at B&H.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    Add one more oversized kudo to the customer sales/service staff at B&H.
    At the risk of seeming redundant, thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Mr. Posner, your company is pretty much my go to place for many, many items, not just photography needs. While I have never had to call anyone for help ordering or for help fixing an issue, it's nice to know 99+ out of a 100 times everything gets done perfect. So far over the past 4 to 5 years I have used B&H, I have yet to have one order messed up by you or the shipping company. Actually, it's nice to have the great choices for shipping.......I have needed stuff the next day and you have come through everytime.

The next time I come to NYC, I will make sure and stop by the store.

Thanks for supporting us small time photographers enjoy our hobby.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin