Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,058   Online: 980

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post

I use a DSLR
    David, you just broke my heart…

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i use a canoscan 8800f i got to scan negatives and prints for 160 on newegg i believe about 3 months ago. wonderful scanner for the price. and all i scan is black and white.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Epson V500 works fine for me. At least it did until I decided 4x5 would be fun. Now I'm panostitching my larger negs which is less than satisfactory. The new V600 seems to be similarly restricted to maximum MF negs. So, the moral of the story is, if there's even the faintest chance that you'll want to scan transparencies larger than MF, spend the extra for a V700.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pages that I click on like the above Epson.com site are coming up in a small triangle, what happened and how do I fix it? I use Windows XP.

Back to topic:
    Oh, that v600 doesn't cover sizes over medium format right? I'd like to post some 5x7 and up, I could do the David technique and have but scanning would be better. Maybe I'll save for a better one. I have a Canoscanner 1200 something, but it's slow and doesn't do negs and slides.

Canoscan N1220U LIDE
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Wait, David uses a d - ddd - dd - d - d -dddd - d. SEANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    David, you just broke my heart…

Hey, on the other side, I sold off or gave away my scanners. I just didn't have room for all those digigizmos, and working carefully, the DSLR does the job (as for what "working carefully" means, I posted about that over on hybridphoto.com). The darkroom is all still there, and by getting rid of the flatbed, I gained a table just for the Adams Retouching Machine.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Pages that I click on like the above Epson.com site are coming up in a small triangle, what happened and how do I fix it? I use Windows XP.
    Maybe Sean has it configured so that you can't access digital equipment sites from APUG... :o
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canoscan 8800F works well with both 135 and 120 negatives, as well as doing a good job with prints. It provided me with a way into B&W photography, as I do not have a darkroom, just a changning bag and some development tanks.
    Henrik Lauridsen

Shooter
    35mm
    Questions about scanning for the purpose of posting to the APUG galleries is on topic, so no problem here.

I use a DSLR on a copy stand for this purpose myself, with lights for prints and a lightbox for negs and transparencies. It's straightforward copy work just like with a film camera.
    Wow, this is such a great idea that I feel a bit daft for not thinking of it (especially as I will hopefully have some 4x5 negatives soon and was stumped as to how to get them online for suggestions for improvement).

Shooter
    35mm
    On a related note, I have a 4x5 slide duplicator, can't remember the make (Chroma-something). It's basically a color enlarger in reverse. It's really massive, in two pieces (the base with light source, film holder, and color filter dials, and a bellows rail with a t-thread mount on one end and39mm threads on the other). It's in storage. I don't have a lens that works - my old 50mm and 75mm enlarger lenses fit but their aperture rings are recessed to the point that I can't adjust them without removing them, and the bellows track needs some work (it seems to get stuck when focusing). I'd love to use this for copying slides but I have no idea how to repair it nor what lens to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thank You

Questions about scanning for the purpose of posting to the APUG galleries is on topic, so no problem here.

I use a DSLR on a copy stand for this purpose myself, with lights for prints and a lightbox for negs and transparencies. It's straightforward copy work just like with a film camera.
    Thank You David,

I'll give my wifes D70 a whirl, however file size etc can be an issue so I'll have to learn how to change her settings then retore it or she'll skin my alive.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin