Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,375   Online: 909

Shooter
    Medium Format

Quick release tripod head plates with Hass and Canon

Hi there,

This is a query about using quick release tripod heads/plates with a Hasselblad and a Canon Eos 1n.

Currently I have a Gitzo G1376M off-centre ball head with a quick release plate which I have used with a Canon Eos 1n. Trying to fit the plate under a Hasselblad (2000FC) the tripod screw thread is the wrong size! Small size for the Canon (3/8?) but big on the Hasselblad (1/4).

Maybe a daft question but does anyone know if Gitzo do a spare plate with the bigger screw - to fit the 'blad? Idealy would like to have plates fixed under the Canon and the 'Blad to enable easy/quick swopping between the two whaen needed.

Or, any suggestions for a new head/plate combination that works with small and large tripod threads?

Thanks for reading,
    Sim2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can get a threaded bushing that transforms the Hasselblad's 3/8 to take the 1/4 screw for very little money.

See for instance: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes.
    Even the cheap general brand thingy costing $ 1.95 will do the job.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for this, just got to find it from a uk dealer - easier I now know what I'm looking for!

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any half decent photoshop should carry them in stock, even <spit> Jessops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know how to tell the quality by looking at them but I have had some cheap ones break. Would make sure you get one from a reputable manufacture even if you pay more for it.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin