Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,173   Online: 957

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got one of those Peak 8x loupes and 2 Pana Vue viewers.

The peak thing is fine and it does its ob...the only problem are the slightly soft edges and you might have a hard time noticing if the focus is sharp if it is ever-so-slightly off.

The Pana View things are good to use as a portable lightbox in the field, but thats about it. It's very tedious to put one slide at a time.

Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plastic loupés are just absolutely awful (not particularly good for eyes, either).
    My Ilfochrome printer uses a focus-scope for examining trannies.

A 4x loupé is too shallow to critically discern detail. Go for 8x to 10x.
    A Nikon 8x aspherical loupé has done the job for me for about 20 years I think; no idea where I brought it from but possibly overseas. It's all glass and no chromatic aberration during viewing. Schneider makes some truly excellent loupés but they are mega-expensive ... around $500 for an 8-10x, still, they are the bees-knees in build and viewing quality.

If you have defective eyesight, a loupé with dioptric correction may be useful.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    c.w.
    We know you're six hours from a camera store, but in what directioin? IE:where are you?
    Take a look at the auction site or craigslist
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin