Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,229   Online: 987

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    WTF is she wearing?

As much as I used to like the Polaroid corporation, I lost all respect for them once the new crook/jerk became the owner. I support Fuji for packfilm and (hopefully) Ilford for the "new" integral films.

What a joke...

BTW; Polaroids new camera looks like a spaceship.
    Last edited by AlexG; 01-07-2010 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kinda seems like stunt casting.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried to watch that video. In vain.
    Could someone some up what that video is about?

Impossible give this link:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357787,00.asp

But in that report there is no new information concerning the analogue world.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-08-2010 at 07:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here are some pictures from the event so you can admire Lady Gaga's stylistic choices and the wonderful presence of a Polaroid stand in the back, which I wish had more snaps of.
    I do wish that a celebrity will bring some good energy (money, people, etc) to the project even if it is for reasons of fashion and trend. Say what you want about Lomography, the whole toy camera craze among the hipster mases, but it didn't hurt serious photographers at all to have new cameras and material to play with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8288388.jpg   8288393.jpg  
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think its great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nice hat!

NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!

this is a ploy to incorporate "polaroid 600 look" into digicams. soft and surreal, with pastel colors. only in digi form. pure bull if you ask me. nothing to do with analog, except "the look"?

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Here are some pictures from the event so you can admire Lady Gaga's stylistic choices and the wonderful presence of a Polaroid stand in the back, which I wish had more snaps of.
    I do wish that a celebrity will bring some good energy (money, people, etc) to the project even if it is for reasons of fashion and trend. Say what you want about Lomography, the whole toy camera craze among the hipster mases, but it didn't hurt serious photographers at all to have new cameras and material to play with.
    I doubt whatever projects she's involved with have anything to do with analogue though. It'll be cameras/printers using the Zink digital-instant-print technology that Polaroid licenses.

(I have a Polaroid Zink printer - it's a fun little toy, although the quality of the prints isn't even up to erstwhile Polaroid's own lousy standards, let alone Fuji instant film.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Remember that "Polaroid" is pretty much nothing now but a name. The old factories, employees, engineers, and much of the IP was sold off by the crook who was the previous owner. The "Polaroid" name now is owned by two investment firm that have a fairly good track record of developing brands in trouble and turning them back into viable businesses. They are smart to be doing high-profile marketing with someone like Lady Gaga.

None of this has much to do with analog photography, except that renewed marketing of the "Polaroid" name might stir interest in the old instant cameras and Fuji Instant products to a small extent.

It is certainly good news for The Impossible Project. People are going to call that product "Polaroid film", no matter what the legal situation is. Whenever Lady Gaga says the word "Polaroid", it is de-facto publicity for The Impossible Project. A great irony would be if The Impossible Project film is so successful that the new Polaroid becomes a distributor or licensee!
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    But... the blue boxes hanging at the stand at the back right, look like... they aren't film boxes, are they?

Bitch.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Lady G, her music and her hat. They are very welcome to stay at my place if they would be in my neighbourhood. Although the hat would have to sleep on the couch.

Why so much negativity? She promotes Polaroid in some form, what's wrong with that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin