Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,461   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know how all of this is going to turn out, but I hope it is a good thing for Polaroid.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In that second picture of Lady Gaga that Ari posted.. is her hat... her HAIR? Ahh!
    www.cjphillipsphoto.com

"Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was beginning to wonder as well and it probably is or at least extensions. she marches to the beat of a different drummer. beats cookie cutter factory pop artists

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it can help analog and creativity, great.

The cynic in me wonders if this isn't more about Gaga's brand than Polaroid's, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the scenes recently of Lady Gaga being presented to the Queen of England were wonderful - I think her majesty liked her!

On APUG, we bemoan the loss of the functionality of Polaroid materials, but there has always been a meaningful element of style in Polaroid as well.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    They're making more cameras for the IP. Give them a break. They can only do so many analog photography related projects in a decade.
    It is interesting that they put the POLAROID name on the little "pogo" machines. I won't get into detail because they're digital, but they suck. Now they have cheap chinese TVs too. It is great though that they are going to work with IP!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    ...They are smart to be doing high-profile marketing with someone like Lady Gaga...

...It is certainly good news for The Impossible Project. People are going to call that product "Polaroid film", no matter what the legal situation is. Whenever Lady Gaga says the word "Polaroid", it is de-facto publicity for The Impossible Project...
    Aside from the technical challenges, the Impossible Project needs 2 things to succeed; a large customer base and a new type 600 camera. The current user base can only take you so far. Also, there are only so many potential users who are willing to prowl thrift stores and ebay for their photo gear. Having the current owners of Polaroid Or anyone commit to developing a new 600 camera was necessary to the project's success. IP has done a fine job creating buzz via selling refurbished cameras and expired film through outlets such as Urban Outfitters. Seeing Polaroid dump money into a spokesperson like Lady Gaga is great news. Right now the IP websites (new and old) time out due to server overload.

Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    ...None of this has much to do with analog photography, except that renewed marketing of the "Polaroid" name might stir interest in the old instant cameras and Fuji Instant products to a small extent...
    I have an SX-70 that's waiting for fresh film. If Fuji had the marketing wisdom of the IP, 100BW and the 4x5 products would not be on the chopping block.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two new Polaroid Instant film cameras were introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show today. Both are essentially the same, except the external finish. To those who would bash the Polaroid choice of Lady Gaga, whom do you think they should be working with on reviving the brand?

Shooter
    35mm
    Am I the only one who hasn't heard of this woman before? I swear I don't live in a cave!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's me too.

The Caveman.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin