Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,841   Online: 897

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    I've never even tried to use a tripod in DC, nor have I used my RB67 there, but I had no trouble with a Fuji medium-format rangefinder on several trips in the past. I think I could probably pull out the RB if I was using it handheld with the waist-level finder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tripods in public places are generally no big deal, with certain exceptions (the Lincoln Memorial, the grounds of the US Capitol Building, Union Station). I've had pretty good luck shooting on and around the Mall on a tripod. This will also in part depend on the security thug/professional you run into at the time.
    Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 02-12-2010 at 01:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many years ago (pre-Bush), our family was in DC for a short vacation. I had photographed a spiral staircase on an earlier visit and wanted to make another negative. I thought I knew which building it was in, and when I asked guard, not only did he let me in with my camera equipment, and stopped the pedestrian traffic in the building for the time required to get the image.

Ya never know what the reaction will be - - -
    Louie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin