Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,451   Posts: 1,597,172   Online: 1105

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta APZ Freedom Zoom 105i

I saw a MINOLTA APZ FREEDOM ZOOM 105i on ebay, interesting looking camera, thought it might be an APS cam, but I can find NO information on it, anywhere. Some of the auctions described it as 35mm, but the similarity between APZ and APS is too close for comfort. On the plus side, nobody claims it has a panorama mode.

The following info was gleaned from various auctions...

Autofocus zoom 35-105 mm 1:4-6.7 Minolta Lens
    Accessory size 40.5 mm (ex filters)
    Left Hand controlled lens selection
    Self Timer
    Flash Control
    Power switch
    Tripod Mount
    Ergonomic grip
    Premature Rewind (pre-wind? Odd thing to call it.)
    DX coded
    Auto film Advanced Rewind
    Auto Flash
    requires 2 cr5 lithium

I'm curious enough to want to buy one just to see what it is, but I'd sure like to know beforehand if I can put film in it!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Super Bowl XLIX. Sounds like x-lax.
    The Patriots are gonna have a hard time stopping the runs.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google is your friend. It's 35mm. I hope you didn't pay much for it: the second link on Google is for sale for $7. I got mine for $2 from a garage sale several years ago. I have no idea why I bought it. I think I shot one short roll with it and put it on the shelf, where it's been ever since. I'd forgotten I had it until I saw the picture of it when I googled it just now.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mike. Google didn't show me diddly. And it's instructive, I think, that nobody thought enough of this camera to post a review on it.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Super Bowl XLIX. Sounds like x-lax.
    The Patriots are gonna have a hard time stopping the runs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin