Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,779   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the comments. I guess there will be a learning curve to optimise the technique. Its encouraging that some are reporting speeds which I am hoping to use.

I'm happy using 1/30th Handheld up to ~75mm (the standard lens length for MF). The exception is my large Rodenstock 90mm F4.5, used on a fotoman 6x9, which is a little hit and miss. I even got some blur on 1/125th with it. Having to use f11-16 max aperture to get a sharp pic with it doesn't help much either! I hope the monopod will help a lot with that lens.

JDP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    UPDATE:

I just developed a film with which I had used the monopod, and thought I would give an update. So far the slowest shutter speed I have tried is 1/4 sec on a 6x9 format and 45mm lens. This worked OK and I can't see any obvious shake even enlarged to 20" or so.

I took the pictures free-standing with the camera at eye-height, leaning slightly on the monopod and breathing out for the exposure. There was a little breeze, but not enough to push you about. The biggest problem that day was the rain:- my camera got wet. I need one of those hats with an umbrella on top!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin