Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1134

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographic wishes for 2010

Hi Guys- I have came around with this idea rather late but what are your photographic wishes for 2010. Mine wishes are to learn how to print black and white better and use diffrent papers. Both of which I am currently accomplished. I did some fairly sucessful dodging and burning today.

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To get the gumption to get printing. Been on a two month hiatus. I still need to hit the group print exch, the blind print exch and 15 postcards. I really need to get on the stick.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To get back to using my 8x10 equipment, a format so rudely interrupted each year by the standard 9-10 months of winter in the Pacific Northwest.

I have a fully restored Calumet C1 with all the vintage accessories, a Zone VI heavy-duty tripod, two G-Clarons, a Symmar, a Xenar, a fully restored Arkay 4-tank water-jacketed 8x10 processing line, film holders and hangers for all three formats, Lee filter system accessories, etc., etc.

And only 8-12 weeks a year of decent weather...

But it *is* a gorgeous 8-12 weeks - when it doesn't rain then as well.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    standard 9-10 months of winter in the Pacific Northwest.
    I can relate. But it is a great time for printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    what are your photographic wishes for 2010.
    That my eyes remain healthy, my income remains steady, and that someone will continue to find a bit of value in what I do with film.

There is no methodone for photography; if I can't feed my habit, I'm truly afraid of the withdrawal...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To travel the world <sigh, I wish> — or at least a very scenic part of it e.g. Italy/Tuscany in September, New Zealand in November, with cameras and oodles of film! No digital! I agree with keithwms re no treatment for this 'addiction'; my take is that once bitten by the photography bug, there is no escaping; it will keep calling forever and ever in your ears, for there is no escaping the little voices that urge you on.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

I wish for good light, good health and the continued production of 6.5x8.5" film.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wish to be billable in my IT consulting business for the remainder of the year so that I can fund my travel photography habit, as well as fund the cost of development expendibles like chemicals, and other supplies. This year I will shot 90% film, 10% digital; more film then any other year in the last 10. I got the camera-workflow/set up down cold...I want to make great improvements in my composition skills; take this to the next level....I have too many perfectly exposed & focused craap pictures...I want to shoot less pictures, but get more keepers. This year I'd like to find the time to digitized thousands of old Kodachrome slides, if I can. They're fading fast!
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to ramp up my Project work & output, hopefully sell my house and finally be able to move & set up a new darkroom

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since my printing is getting better and better all the time I would like to do some shows this year!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin