Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,225   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Curt
    Make sure you are using the plastic (molded and accurate).
    Don't use glass- too variable.

And when you get to do larger prints (>5x7) consider using the right pipettes with pipette pumps. Much faster and more accurate than drop counts. Heck, I'd be at it all day if I were to count out drops for 12x20 and 7x17. Even 8x10 and 11x14 is faster with pipettes.

Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Well if I can think back to pharmacy school which is about 10 years ago now. 1 minum is equal to .0592ml of water. But indeed, viscosity and density would certainly change the size of the drop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt left my notes at Pers house.In Diick Arentz Book he stats that it is sold at 1% and 5%.Gold chloride
    Last edited by mike c; 02-26-2010 at 06:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In addition to the liquid that is measured, the drop count 'could' change based on if the dropper is held vertical or at an angle...depends on the total volume. Best way to find out is to measure and then always try for the same conditions each time. Or depending on what you are doing, it may make no difference at all. I do not worry about it when I measure for pt/pd prints, but do try to always do it the same way.

ymmv...
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin