Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,972   Posts: 1,632,743   Online: 731

Shooter
    35mm

I'm looking to establish a photographic troupe

Seattle, WA

For some time, I've had this idea about forming a group of people interested in film and analog technology to create videos made with 35mm scans arrainged in video editing software. I am wondering if anyone has any insight on how I may find success in forming this group. I am in the Gen Y crowd and looking to find some young people with an appreciation of the old practices, refining it with the use of modern processes. I have posted the following paragraph and lists on a university photography club webpage, with the hopes of finding interested persons. Thanks for your help.

-R
    I am looking for co-collaborators to assemble a photographic troupe. Imagine the combination of a musical band and a film crew to assemble video photo montages shot mainly on 35mm film. I am looking for personnel with an interest in combining film technology and digital photography. Hopefully, people involved will be multi-abled, capable of operating a tape recorder, taking light readings, suggesting camera positions, writing, editing on a computer, or learning how to. The group to be assembled should have similar or compatible photographic, cinematographic, musical, literary of aesthetic sensibilities. A crew of 3 to 5 people is sufficient but the more enthusiastic people we have, the better. This idea is a completely organic creation, mainly requiring interest, collaboration and a bit of organization. I am looking across all majors for participants. If you believe you have something to contribute, don’t stay silent. Your addition contributes to the group’s uniqueness.

Personnel- camera 1, 2, 3 sound 1, 2 writer, scanner, editing 1+2, storyboard.

1 roll of film 24 or 36 ex=1 story

35mm, 16mm, super 8mm, HD1080i,

angenieux, Eclair, Nikon, Nagra, Fuji, Ilford, Kodak, C41, E6

Telling a story shot on still film, digitized, then arraigned in editing software

Cinema-Chris Marker, Haskell Wexler, Roman Polanski, Jean-Luc Godard, Antonioni, Whitest Kids U Know, All the President’s Men, Stan Brakhage, Wes Anderson,

Music-Broadcast, The High Llamas, Cornelius, My Bloody Valentine, The Beach Boys, Stereolab, Pavement, shoegaze, indie pop, Ennio Morricone, Radiohead, Broken Social Scene,

Aesthetics/mood-enigmatic, dark humored, ironic, sometimes absurd, familiar, timeless,inside joke, subtle, international, truthful, obvious, the Eames, Bauhaus, children’s picture books

If you recognize or appreciate anything in these lists, please send an email. I look forward to developing collaboration.
    Last edited by RJMLuke; 03-01-2010 at 01:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin