Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,425   Posts: 1,596,747   Online: 827

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Sekonic L-778 Front Thread Diameter...

...is 37.5mm in case anyone is interested. I wanted a rubber lens hood to help block put extraneous light from falling on the lens so I tried a 37mm (too small)... a 38mm (too large)... finally found a 37.5mm B&W that fits perfectly. Maybe this will help save others from the trouble of looking. BTW, I use a Lens Baby lens cap over the lens shade front threads because the inner squeezers are easier to get to than the type with the outer squeeze tabs.

I searched all over the internet and even the L-778 manual didn't have this info... frustrating. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Front lens diameters are not consistent across the Sekonic spot meter range. My L758D is a 30.5mm filter thread and 30.0mm cap or lens hood for same.
    In practice regarding a lens hood, extraneous light has a negligible effect on the taking lens given the central area is reading a tiny 1°.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin