Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,198   Online: 1161

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both a Zone VI modified Pentax V and a non modified digital. I ALWAYS pick up the analog meter.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok then mike I have the older pentax 1/21 should I get it fixed, also why do you always go for the older one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a Pentax Digital (used) and did so because I wanted something which did one thing well- measure light. I still have my Sekonic L-558, but it was a PITA to use with all the bells and whistles. If you don't mind carrying the owners' manual and consulting it to figure it out, a Sekonic is fine- think of it as the metering equivalent of a sophisticated DSLR in terms of menus. I wanted to take a reading quickly and take the picture, not try to remember which menu to be using, what the numbers indicated, which button to push, etc. The Pentax does its job well. YMMV.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've read stuff about the annoying bells & whistles of the fancier Sekonics, but after using my L-758 for a couple of months now, I haven't found that at all - it's really simple and intuitive and I (to my surprise) think I am metering better because of it. I'm not sure that I'd buy the $$$ profile thingy for it and go down that road, but it is a great spot and incident meter. The dual ISO thing alone is handy when you're shooting two different emulsions (often colour 160 and TXP 320 for me). I've stopped using my Luna Pro, which I absolutely loved.

Marc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi,
    I've got a sekonic L 358 best things since canned beer. Spot attachment and remote sensor. Groovy stuff
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the analog scale, I can see the scale better and moving the meter around the scene it is easy to see the range.

I don't know anything about the 1/21, so can't advise if it is worth fixing or not.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    how about a Soligor Spotmeter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be a little cautious with the Soligor spot. Fred Picker indicated they sent more back than they kept to modify due to poor QA.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin