Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 744

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Waterproof film container/box, where/who sells them?

I've google'd my brains out for the last hour, and I cannot find a film canister/container/box/whatever that holds rolls in bulk (5 or 6 rolls) and is preferably waterproof. Nothing for 120 either.

Only things I have found are some black 120 tubes, but they are for just a single roll.

Anybody know where/who sells something like what I'm looking for? I know I've seen them before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try Porters camera -- look in the film and darkroom accrssories. I was just looking there and saw some containers.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    This waterproof case might hold four bulk rolls? Not sure of bulk roll dimensions...
    "I have no idea how to respond to the OP, so in the time honored tradition, I'm going to wade in, anyway!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In surplus stores you can find cheaply a decontamination kit which is waterproof and can be carried on a belt, if desired. It's just an isopropyl alcohol vial and pads.Take out the contents and it will hold 5 -6 rolls of 120 or 220 in wrapper.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Try the very small Pelican cases that hold iPods, cell phones, etc.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Ortlieb map cases. They are 100% waterproof and very light but strong. They make some very large ones; I use A3 size ones and bought over web. Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought a Pelican #1020 as a waterproof case for a GPS, it will hold 5-120 rolls easily probably 8-10 rolls of 35 depending how they're arranged. It's a tad bit oversized for it but, Oh well.
    They ain't cheap at around $20 but should last a lifetime. I got mine at REI outfitters.
    Some small fishing or shooting boxes will also work. I got the Pelican because the top is clear not opaque.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    A couple of ideas. This case is made by Fuji and sold at Japan Exposures. It holds ten and has a push on lid. I've never held it under water, but it's certainly splash proof:

This case is no longer sold but holds 6 rolls with a much tighter seal and a clasp. Again, never tried it under water, but it certainly seems water tight. This cases are still sold, they now form part of a camera 'cleaning kit' containing a cloth, blower, and some fluid and can be found on places like Amazon. The case is curved like a hip flask and fits well into a pocket:
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin