Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,387   Online: 712

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Problems getting manfrotto part

I have a Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 with a broken leg brace. I tried to get a replacement from John Barry the agent in Australia and got the impression they were really not interested in helping. I tried other distributors in other countries without any joy, then bogentripodparts.com in the US, they would not send me a part because it was 'too big.'
    I don't like trashing perfectly good gear when I know the part is out there somewhere - I've sent so many emails that I'm determined now to repair and not replace.
    This is the part I need:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john_mayger/4446634621/

If anybody has a broken tripod with this part on who wants to sell or pass on I would be very grateful, or maybe you know where I might get one.
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did obtain a Manfrotto part (one of the screw in levers from a head) from Vanbar. They seemed to believe that Manfrotto spares were not unobtainable, even if a waiting period was part of the order.

(I'm assuming that you are in Oz?)

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    I did obtain a Manfrotto part (one of the screw in levers from a head) from Vanbar. They seemed to believe that Manfrotto spares were not unobtainable, even if a waiting period was part of the order.

(I'm assuming that you are in Oz?)

Regards - Ross
    Thanks Ross, yes I'm in country Victoria, I hadn't thought of Vanbar, they sell a lot of Manfrotto so I'll give them a go next time I'm in Melbourne. I just hope they don't run into the same attitude I did with the local importer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you like, I can get in touch with Bogen & see what they want for the part, then ship it to you.
    Is it the top leg section that attaches to the spider?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another alternative, if you cannot get the part, is get the part fixed. A small machine shop may be able to help you although you may need to visit a couple until you find one that likes challenges but not charge much.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Preston2 - I am a retired lighting technician from the film industry. I used to use Manfrotto gear extensively and can give you the name and number of my "go to guy" for my bits and parts when my gear broke down over the years. Send me a PM and I'll write back with the number. cheers, sam

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Inquire for spares at
    info@manfrottodistribution.it

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    If you like, I can get in touch with Bogen & see what they want for the part, then ship it to you.
    Is it the top leg section that attaches to the spider?
    I'd appreciate that John, yes it's the part that attaches the top most leg section to the central assembly, it must be like the part on the Flikr link. I think it has been discontinued for a while but they might have a used example lying around.
    I can Paypal any expenses you incur.
    Regards, John.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Inquire for spares at
    info@manfrottodistribution.it
    thanks I'll give it a go.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Another alternative, if you cannot get the part, is get the part fixed. A small machine shop may be able to help you although you may need to visit a couple until you find one that likes challenges but not charge much.
    I took it to the local engineering shop, we discussed and came to the conclusion there would be too much stress on even a pinned repair. It's out their somehere in someones garage, I just have to find them!
    Thanks, John.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin