Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,402   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

An Iphone app idea for analog photogs

I use Dev Chart for bw film processing on my Iphone plus other apps for analog photography. I have a wish and an idea for a new Iphone app. How about a shutter speed checker that uses the built in camera? :-) My price point would be under $2. Is this possible? Or even a transmission densitometer?

Good idea...you might get some hints by looking at the BTZS.org site and access the ExpoDev program for a Palm device. I don't know if the program has been adapted for use on the new generation of Apple products, i.e., the Ipod or Iphone. Furthermore, the information on ExpoDev is probably more "complete" than what you had in mind. However, I'm sure that you will get the general drift.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always thought a cool idea would be to use the built-in mic to do shutter speed checks based on the sound of the shutter opening/closing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Howdy, not sure if you are still thinking about a shutter speed tester app. I made myself one that works on a computer that costs only a few bucks and is used in conjunction with audacity free sound recording software. This is accurate to tens of thousands of a second. Not bad for about $15 bucks.
    Only thing, is that it is not for the iPhone; however, I have never needed to check my shutter speeds while out in the field making images. I prefer to do a thorough check of all my lenses and then right down the particulars for each lens/shutter combo. My post has a lot of info and photos of the unit.

My post is: Forum
    APUG English Forums
    Equipment
    Large Format Cameras and Accessories
    Shutter Test Log Sheet

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/3...log-sheet.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I use Dev Chart for bw film processing on my Iphone plus other apps for analog photography. I have a wish and an idea for a new Iphone app. How about a shutter speed checker that uses the built in camera? :-) My price point would be under $2. Is this possible? Or even a transmission densitometer?
    Check this recent thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have an IPhone how sad!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm living a deprived life because I don't have an Iphone either.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I'm living a deprived life because I don't have an Iphone either.
    I have an iPhone.
    You're not missing much, except being milked by " The Man "

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It's not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I don't have an IPhone how sad!
    I have one and Apple is a control freak. My next phone will be an Android.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin