Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,483   Online: 747

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big News

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Big News

Well kind of big news.

B&H is now accepting paypal.

Kodak has a $15 rebate on all their b&w film film if you spend $75 or more.

Images
    The paypal thing is huge (easy way to buy things under the wife's radar) Do you have a link to the rebate?
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    The paypal thing is huge (easy way to buy things under the wife's radar)
    My little secret

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, nothing against it, of course, but I already had a PayPal Mastercard debit card, so this is moot to me? I can see how this could be strategically employed, though...

Images
    It all comes from the same account and my friends, she has ways of finding out, and will bring it up at a time when you least expect it to happen. I just heard about the lens I thought she knew nothing about. It is best just to tell her you did it, and it can't be returned, and then slink out to the couch for a couple of days leaving for work before she gets up and staying at work but calling home until she has gone to bed.

I am off to the couch
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    ..... It is best just to tell her you did it, and it can't be returned, and then slink out to the couch for a couple of days leaving for work before she gets up and staying at work but calling home until she has gone to bed.....
    Beeuutiful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once she finds out there are little romantic things you can do to endear yourself again. Why can't guys ever figure out romantic gestures can do a lot more than slinking off? It's a given she will find out. Plan for it. Remember the best defense is a good offense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Once she finds out there are little romantic things you can do to endear yourself again. Why can't guys ever figure out romantic gestures can do a lot more than slinking off? It's a given she will find out. Plan for it. Remember the best defense is a good offense.
    Romantic, do you mean like a bouquet of AZO and a room temp tray of Amidol?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    .... Plan for it. Remember the best defense is a good offense.
    Clearly you haven't met my wife. Can never out plan her, and any attempts at a good offence are received with a quiet removal of all my ammunition and loss of any armour (not neccessarily in that order). Best give in first, besides the cat only glares for the first half an hour (on the couch).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have kids, or animals make arrangements without her knowing for them to be taken care of for a weekend. If you have the budget, rent a limo. If she works arrange with her boss to surprise her at work and whisk her away for a nice little weekend someplace romantic. It is the surprise factor that does it. Just tell her about the lens or whatever in the AM before you do this. It is part of the budget over all when you purchase a new lens. Flowers, candy and such just don't cut it. It is the all out romance. If she works, aain do somethin like have a good friend play the part of a high brow waiter and you set up for her to have a nice little lunch where your friend waits on you. Have a few nice entrees from her favorite place. Or get creative and do it yourself. Think outside the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin