Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,535   Online: 1141

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Wow! Who was the silly person who sold you this?
    It was in a used furniture shop. Saw the brown case of the Leica there with a tag on it $20. Asked if they had any more cameras and the ICA came out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    A barely used and mint weltyaflex tlr for twenty pounds, takes lovey photos, Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Selling a set of 1953 baseball cards I collected as a kid for a (then new) Hasselblad 500cm with the 80mm and 150 mm lenses. I forgot I had the cards and found the at my parent's house after learning of someone looking to buy old cards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arguably the $400.00 I spent in 1976 for the Mamiya C330 and lens I bought new from the store I was working in while going to university. That is assuming that the value includes the value I've got from that camera since.

My Omega D6 enlarger with Ilford Multigrade head, a bunch of Rodagon lenses, paper, 20x24 easel, etc. - $250.00 IIRC

Contax 167MT body with a bunch of useful B & W filters and a nice camera bag - $7.00 at a thrift store. I kept the filters and bag, and gave the camera body to another APUG member who makes very good use of Contax equipment, and was in need of a replacement for her camera body.

Canonet GIII 1.7 - $10.00 at a garage sale - I've got to get around to those new light seals! (the camera works fine though).

Olympus Trip 35 - $2.00 at the thrift store. This one is really banged up, but works great. See my most recent gallery photo for the results. I think that this will become my "leave in the car" camera.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Voightlander Vito IIa - free in 1962

Canon EOS-3 body in LN- condition - free a month ago

Hasselblads at todays prices
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    80% of my darkroom equipment (pick-up truck full of stuff) for about US$28 (R205) which included, Omega D5XL, Opemus 5a (both heads) Opemus 2a (which will become a lamp), Nikon and Rodenstock glass, and loads of other things I'm not going to list (trays, tanks, reels, paper, printwasher etc, etc, etc)

Cameras...well only a YashicaMat (early one with Lumaxar lenses) for about the same (Don't know if was a bargain but it's in mint condition ((or very near mint)) and people in these parts sell them for x3, x4, even x5 as much in worse condition...)

Shooter
    Large Format

Best Deal...so far...

Folks;

I recently got the following camera at a local swap meet:

Canon
    FTb
    SSN 700609
    w/50mm f/1.8 Canon SC Lens
    Condition: appears that it has not been used at all..I'd say: MINT, MINT +.

Price: $20.00

Later-Joe

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    A brand new Schneider-Kreuznach M-Componon 4.0/80mm lens for 59 Euro.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It's been a good year acquiring darkroom equipment. While it's not rock bottom prices, I did manage to get a good deal on these items on craigslist:

Durst CLS450 with L1000 Stand & 3 Nikkor lenses (50mm, 75mm, 135mm) - $350
    Kindermann 6 foot film dryer (can dry 20+ 35mm film) - $30
    Versalab 16x20 print washer - $60
    Saunders 16x20 easel (mint) - $125
    Arkay 16x20 Print Dryer - $25

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Most of what I buy is either 1/2 the average value or 2x.. i get trigger happy sometimes and make some bad deals.
    Lets see.. Nikon FM3a with 40mm f2.8 AIP pancake for $50.. sold the camera, lens is still sitting there, waiting for Nikon to come out with a F-mount pen type camera.
    Canon FDn 50mm f1.2 for $25 (not the L version)
    Olympus OM2n with 50mm f1.4 and 35mm f2 for $100
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin