Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,669   Online: 764

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are my little treasures. At an fleamarket I picked up a minox 35 gt for € 3,00. The guy wanted 5 for but I asket if three was ok. Bakc home it seems to be working perfectly. I have got a roll in it now.
    Also I picket up a dusty Polaroid sx-10 for €10,-. Seems to be ok but don't have a film for it yet.

I am very pleased.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

My Rollei 2.8C, purchased mint in box in 1980. $400 with case, a couple of filters, closeup lens and lens shade. It has never failed and the shutter speeds are still spot-on. It went into the shop once when one of the exterior knobs became loose and I didn't have proper tools to fix it. Sharp lens, reliable, great image quality. At $13.33/year over 30 years, it's the best buy I ever made.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think I have a new favorite, though the one i mentioned on page 7 was a better deal all around.

Lovely condition Autocord for $40. Slight amount of paint loss around the edges and a meter that is a stop slow, but otherwise great condition. It had oil on the blades that the seller didn't want to deal with. I spent about 3 hours of cleaning it and it is working perfectly for me at all speeds.

It beats my last purchase mostly because of how quickly it became a go-to camera. My wife adopted the Rolleicord it replaced which also contributed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Pentax LX (the model with the last updates/modifications) with a sticky mirror I found among other bargain stuff in a box standing in front a dealer's shop for € 20. Got it overhauled by Pentax Benelux for € 180, they even replaced the hood because it had ding, works as a new one now!

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Hal

Shooter
    35mm
    Either of these would qualify as a "Best Deal Ever" …

… if they hadn't both turned into "The One That Got Away"

First up is is an old would, but it still smarts; an Olympus Pen FT half-frame SLR, complete with ever-ready case and 38mm f1.8 Zuiko normal lens, spotted in a Dublin charity shop window for €40. I got up early on the day they were selling the window display, hurried out there on my bike, but arrived to find two other people already waiting outside for the shop to open; they let us in in the order we had arrived, and by the time I was through the door one of the others had already grabbed the Pen FT and plonked it and his wallet on the counter. Damn…

Second, and this just happened a couple of hours ago, so it's still raw; a user Leica M4 in the camera-store window for €269 Sure, it was dented up and missing some vulcanite, but still, a working Leica M for about what you might pay for a good Nikon F or F2! The real kicker is that when I got there today to buy it, I couldn't see it in the window display any more. I went inside and was about to ask if it had been sold; then I spotted it on the counter, next to a credit card. Yes it had been sold … to the guy in front of me in the queue! If only I'd arrived 5 minutes earlier, bugger and blast it…

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A b&J 4x5 with 135 Steinheil lens for 25 bucks at a garage sale.
    An M3 SS Leica with 50mm dual range Summicron for 450 and a garage sale.
    A 2.8E2 Rolleiflex with optical glass in place and all in mint condition at a camera swap meet for 600.
    A mint condition, probably hot, Pentax digital spot meter with Zone 6 conversion for 125.00 on Craig's list.

I sold everything except the spot meter for a profit. Made 800 dollars on the Rollei.

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been very lucky and have had a few good deals. My most recent one was a very nice Nikon F3HP with a motor drive and a 85mm f2 for $115. The lens looks like it's never been on a camera.It was a tax free weekend here in NC for school supplies. And photographic gear counts as school supplies so it was tax free as well. The main camera store I go to held on to it and waited for me to come in to give me first dibs on it. They had another 85mm f2 for about $200 in their display case. I get along with the folks that work there very well, and I questioned the low price. They responded that I was a good customer and thought I would like the camera/lens. So they sold it to me for $10 more then they paid for it.

I was also given a Hasselblad ELX500 with a 80mm f2.8, 45* prism finder, and two film magazines last year.
    Last edited by Kav; 08-26-2012 at 09:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this is going to be someone's great deal. Too bad it is pickup only.

Even if it needs more than a fuse, there is plenty of room there for a big savings.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=11287182

Sadly I live within four hours of there, but am headed to Pennsylvania on vacation...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my best buy has to be a SX-70 - original model in fitted leather case for $25 at a flea market a couple of years ago. Have you seen what these go for now?

Mines worth a bit more though - seeings it's one of the Gold Plated ones
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best deal I've ever gotten was probably an Ektagraphic III ATS for $5 from a neighbor that was moving away.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin