Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,071   Online: 873

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Posted wirelessly.. (Palm TX)

Gossen, Seconic sound interesting, thanks for all the information. Also will consider the Kenko. I will still need some time to make the decision. Got to avoid loosing good images once more as I did last monday night when most of my night exposures at the idustrial heritage site in Dortmund turned out to be failures . Arrghh. The meter of my camera just didn't cut it.
    Have you seen the light..?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After some further research my conclusion now is to go with the Gossen Starlight. Some considerations: it is small, light, has a special zone system mode and as a bonus does footcandle, lux and other intensity measurements. Only disadvantage, it's the most expensive of the three.
    For whom it interests, I have made a comparision chart on this link:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...YOGRQdmc&hl=en
    Thanks to everybody. Further comment welcome!
    Hans

noumin
    Oops, forgot to mention something re the Starlight.
    At least in the first version, there are no values displayed in the finder. So
    you take a reading, take the meter off your eyes, have a look at the display,
    take another reading ...
    Some people donīt mind it, I do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noumin View Post
    ..... the Starlight. At least in the first version, there are no values displayed in the finder.......
    Thanks, is a good point. Do you know if the starlight II has the same setup?
    Hans

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeer View Post
    I am looking for a good exposure meter. Preferably it should do 1° spotmetering, incident metering and flash metering. I definitely am looking for a new commercially available meter. I've seen Kenko, Minolta, Gossen and maybe there are more, but find it very difficult to make a choice based on the manufacturers information. I am working in medium format, black and white onely.
    Any one with advice? Thanks a lot.

The Pocket Spot by Metered Light.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

noumin
    Thanks, is a good point. Do you know if the starlight II has the same setup?
    Hans

Iīm affraid I donīt know it.
    I had a quick lool at the instructions : ( http://www.gossen-photo.de/deutsch/foto_service.html )
    They mention the 5° and the 1° reference circle in the finder but no words of any values being displayed, so I assume thereīs nothing there. To me itīs a bit of a design flaw, itīs a pity. Initially you may not worry about it, but I think that, sooner or later, it turns out to be a nuisance.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Pocket Spot by Metered Light.
    Good luck with these - I think I've been on the waiting list for about 5 years... Also, per the original post, they're just a spot meter (no incident or flash metering).

The day I can actually get one, I'll be overjoyed though - so small & simple...

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had an interesting experience with amazon.com...

After repeatedly visiting the web site, looking for deals on a light meter,
    amazon.com sent me a coupon code for 10% off any light meter.

This helped a lot, as light meters are not inexpensive, and rarely discounted.

Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After some further research my conclusion now is to go with the Gossen Starlight. Some considerations: it is small, light, has a special zone system mode and as a bonus does footcandle, lux and other intensity measurements. Only disadvantage, it's the most expensive of the three.
    For whom it interests, I have made a comparision chart on this link:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...YOGRQdmc&hl=en
    Thanks to everybody. Further comment welcome!
    Hans
    The Kenko KFM 2100 has a backlit spot-meter reading only, the main panel on the body Isn't backlit, but it doesn't matter because it remembers the last reading and you can use a torch if it's too dark to see it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Minolta Spot meter and a Minolta Autometer IIIF. I use the IIIF for incident readings.

If I were to buy a meter today it would be the Sekonic L-758 (or the L-558 used). That way I would only need to have one meter.

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin