Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,266   Online: 794

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have the L-758DR and a Pentax V. I find I use the Pentax when doing large format just because it is easier to "think" with. The 758 does everything and if you work or plan on working with flash or continuous lights, it is hard to beat. I would recommend getting the DR just because it will work with a PocketWizard and will make using strobes a lot easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    I have the L-758DR and a Pentax V. I find I use the Pentax when doing large format just because it is easier to "think" with. The 758 does everything and if you work or plan on working with flash or continuous lights, it is hard to beat. I would recommend getting the DR just because it will work with a PocketWizard and will make using strobes a lot easier.
    I don't know about the U.S, but what they usually don't mention about the Sekonic L758D before you buy it is in order to calibrate it to the dynamic range of the film in use or the sensor of a digital camera to their computer software that you can download from their website, you need a test target Sekonic sell that costs over £120.http://www.sekonic.com/pages/downloads.asp For my money for film photography the best new currently available all in one meter is what was the Minolta Flash meter V1 (an industry standard ),the Kenko KFM 2100.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-28-2010 at 02:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Posted wirelessly.. (Palm TX)

Thanks to everybody. In the end I bought the Sekonic L-758D at Robert Whites' (the best deal I could find, fast service too). I will need some time to digest the manual but until now it didn't disappoint me. Sturdy built, accurate and one can configure the meter to great degree. Don't think I will be using the film/sensor calibration feature though, I think it is better to spend the time involved taking pictures. I certainly now can think of situations in the past where this meter, would I have had it then, would have saved the day, especially in low light circumstances or scenes with deep shadows. Thanks to all! Hans
    Have you seen the light..?

Shooter
    35mm

Question Sekonic L-758DR

Hi,

I own a L-758DR and I pretty happy with it but I run into a small problem and I wonder if I can get some help.

In the setting measuring ambient light, I want to switch to Shutter speed priority mode.

When following the instruction I do not get the priority mode I want but either get in the f/s (frames per second) mode or

I get Shutter speed priority mode but not in ambient light mode but in the auto-reset cordless flash mode.

What is it that I do wrong?

Thanks, Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have sun symbol highlighted you are in ambient mode. If you see at the same time f/s in the middle of the screen i think you just scrolled too far up with the wheel. Just scroll down until big T within frame will appear. You will be in shutter priority.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin