Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,568   Online: 996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sekonic L398A

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMHO, it is perhaps the best ambient light meter ever made. Mine from the '50s still works perfectly (though back then it was called the Brockway Norwood Director made in Japan by Sekonic). They are a steal at under $200 brand new, and their prices on the used market are ridiculously low as well. It should be on the required list for any beginning photographer, IMHO, right alongside a fully manual camera and a normal lens. This meter will improve results immeasurably for anyone used to making their exposures using a directly-read in-camera reflected light meter. They are well built and slip right into your pocket as well. The most important and useful accessory IMO is a set of high slides, especially the direct reading slide. If only they made the exact same thing as a flash meter as well!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-18-2010 at 05:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love mine. I've had it for 25+ years and recently had it CLA'd just for grins. It is small, easy to use and accurate. What more could you want? It's an excellent meter for use with my Rollei TLR's.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin