Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,607   Online: 760

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    You're a true DIYer! You could also do it the cheat's way by buying an army surplus bag and put your own lining in it.

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...r-bag-4222.cfm
    I've seen a Danish Army Medical pack on a U.K army surplus website that looks just the job,I was trained as an engineer, and I love making things.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    $20.99? What are you, a Rockefeller?
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I wish

Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    $20.99? What are you, a Rockefeller?
    I found an army surplus bag years ago for under $20. I love the frugal creative of APUGers. It's more creative to hack another use for camera bags than buy one. Besides expensive camera bags says "Please rob me"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You Ain't much of a photographer if you can't improvise.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great looking bag too - dare I say you could start a new business ;-) Or does that defeat the purpose?!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would fail trying to find a shitty bag of ANY kind for under $20aud to start with. The only place would be a garage sale...no store is this cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing that amuses me about the current crop of Urban Disguise and Lowe pro Classified type camera bags is that are made not to look like camera bags, they look like laptop bags and I would think it more likely that some crazed druggie would mug you for your laptop that would be much easier to sell for him than your camera.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Benjiboy...I don't think the bag I made looks like a laptop bag at all. It's way too flimsy and bulks like I have a football in there, not long and flat. I think of the flat, stiff black bags when I think of a laptop bag. But if a crackhead tries to rob me I'll just scream that "IT'S A 1950s FILM CAMERA!!" or just pull out the little tank and camera whip his ass.

Krzys...I got the bag at Value Village, a second hand clothing store in Canada. It's pretty much like a big garage sale, but more expensive. I'm sure you can find something similar in Australia. You can always get the bag on the other link posted above and get lining from ebay, quick and cheap build for under $50. But you might as well spend a little more and get a "professional bag" if that's the case.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    great skills jordanstarr, like your style

a sticky or section for `stuff i`ve made from a sows ear' would be really interesting.
    Regards
    CW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    Benjiboy...I don't think the bag I made looks like a laptop bag at all. It's way too flimsy and bulks like I have a football in there, not long and flat. I think of the flat, stiff black bags when I think of a laptop bag. But if a crackhead tries to rob me I'll just scream that "IT'S A 1950s FILM CAMERA!!" or just pull out the little tank and camera whip his ass.

Krzys...I got the bag at Value Village, a second hand clothing store in Canada. It's pretty much like a big garage sale, but more expensive. I'm sure you can find something similar in Australia. You can always get the bag on the other link posted above and get lining from ebay, quick and cheap build for under $50. But you might as well spend a little more and get a "professional bag" if that's the case.
    I wasn't suggesting your bag did look like a laptop bag I was speaking in general. I was once talking to my wife about buying an Think Tank Urban Disguise bag, http://www.tempecamera.biz/URBAN_DIS..._BAG_p/825.htm and it was she who pointed out how much it looked like a laptop bag, and I tend to agree.
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin