Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,178   Online: 904

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsolete ??

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    QG, I take it you still insure the home itself, right?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    QG, I take it you still insure the home itself, right?
    That doesn't cover any of it, i'm afraid.

Shooter
    35mm
    Insurance is the biggest rip-off industry going. Second only to big banks. I wouldn't pay extra for any coverage I didn't need, they will always find loopholes to avoid paying. Slimy business. Personal experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    Insurance is the biggest rip-off industry going. Second only to big banks. I wouldn't pay extra for any coverage I didn't need, they will always find loopholes to avoid paying. Slimy business. Personal experience.
    My personal experience is that in the past 26 years as an agent for a very large insurance company, I've found the company I represent to treat people
    fairly and strive to pay every penny they owe. I recently had about $8,000 dollars worth of camera equipment stolen and was very satisfied with the way the claim was handled. There were a couple of pieces I had under-insured, however I feel I was paid everything I was owed for those pieces.

Insurance is the kind of thing you don't need, until you need it. Most honest folks can not tell you when a loss will occur.

My experience in dealing with people who are disgruntled with a claim experience and paint the industry with a rather broad brush is that they generally do not share the entire story about what happened. At least that has been my experience over the past 26 years.

There are two ways to cover your personal camera gear in the state in which I live. First, you can have it covered as contents of you home under your homeowners policy. Second, you can buy a seperate policy that covers specific pieces of camera equipment. This is an "all risk" policy rather than the more limited coverages offered by the homeowners policy. Fot folks who are taking their gear away from home much of the time, this is how they might best be covered. Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin