Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,971   Online: 960

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lowepro AWII Trekker Zipper Repair

Anyone been thru this?

My zipper is worn-out thru use but the pack is still good. What/where is the best place to get this replaced?

Thanks,

Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See if you can find a luggage repair service.

If you live near a major airport, the airlines there might be willing to share information about who they use .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some shoe repair shops do luggage. Give them a try.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I previously worked in a camera store, Lowepro used to replace worn zipper/bags for free with a new one. In Canada, most Lowepro bags have a life-time warranty.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in good old Europe, we take these things to the local cobbler.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know how much wear you have....You might stop by a Jeep dealer and buy a bottle of Mopar zipper cleaner/lube. It works great on my soft top window zippers, and I use it on my camera bags zippers.

It is some pretty amazing stuff. $9 or $10 a bottle.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, I'm sure glad that I heeded everyone's advise and contacted Lowepro! I sent my pack in yesterday by UPS and I just received an E-mail from Lowepro saying that they were going to replace my pack with its replacement the Pro 400AM Trekker!

I can't say enough about this company. I have two of their packs for years and both have served me well. (They said that they replaced the zipper on the model I had with a heavier zipper before they discontinued the model.)

If you're in the market for a photo backpack, you can't go wrong with Lowpro!

Thomas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin