Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,834   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yep a Ford Anglia.

RAC got back to me....
    "The badge relates to the owner rather than the motor vehicle that it (currently) resides on. [So the reg. no. is not of any great help.] If the image is good enough to show the badge's serial no., we might be able to provide you with the name of its original owner. Failing that, we should be able to give you some general information about the badge's features if you're interested. To that end, please send an image."

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, this film is 50 years old? The secret to eternal life is in there somewhere.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Polka dot dress is very 50's, the car was probably new.

My mum used Verichrome Pan in her Brownie 127 is was a very thick emulsion with a wide exposure latitude, ideal for cameras with little or no exposure control. The Ilford equivalent was Selochrome which my father used, before he switched to Kodachrome.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That Polka dot dress is very 50's, the car was probably new.

My mum used Verichrome Pan in her Brownie 127 is was a very thick emulsion with a wide exposure latitude, ideal for cameras with little or no exposure control.

Ian
    Many of our old family snaps were made with V-Pan and they still look good today. Why was it was only recommended for snap shots? Lovely stuff.:o
    Nice to see the uploaded images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy17 View Post
    V-Pan ..... Why was it was only recommended for snap shots?
    I got into photography while it was just still around, it had had a very long production run since it's introduction as plain Verichrome 1908'ish by Wratten & Wainwright, a British company. Wratten & Wainwright were bought in 1913 by Kodak and their two star chemists Mees & Sheppard set up up Kodak's new Rochester research centre, the UK employees became Kodak's harrow research team.

Verichrone was OK but not as fine grained, sharp or tonal as Plus X, and Tri X was faster, but these films were less tolerant of over/under exposure.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have some rolls of Verichrome, unused in 620 size - it fits my fathers 1950's (~ish) camera

What exposure should I give it and what is the recommended development time in ID11 @ 1+1 ?

The film has been in the deep freeze for about 30 years - so who knows what I'll get from it - but it should be a giggle

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An 'A' reg plate
    No, it is before they went to 'A', 'B' plates, if I remember right that started in 1963.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When did Kodak stop making verichrome,seems I bought some in the early 80's in 120.
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    No, it is before they went to 'A', 'B' plates, if I remember right that started in 1963.
    NA is a Manchester Plate. From 1959.

I've tried Hi res scans of...
    RAC serial number on front of car.......not enough detail.
    For Sale sign behind car.........Thomas Henderson, Anderson?? Maybe.
    Black Sign white text futher back.......not enough detail.

So all we know for sure its a Manchester Reg'd car late 1950s or early 1960's.
    As for where it is?
    As for who this is?

I've emailed Manchester Evening News to see if they could help.
    Last edited by Fourtoes; 07-01-2010 at 02:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing your excellent success developing found-in-old-camera film! I have been nowhere near as lucky myself.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin