Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,692   Online: 690

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Manchester Evening News have just called to say they are sending a photographer to take my picture with the old KVP camera so they can run the story.
    So hopefully someone in the area might recognise someone or something. Fingers crossed. Mind you a picture of my mug isn't going to help things along.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ford Anglia 105E, as pictured, came out in 1959.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Verichrome pan was mostly a consumer market film , but also had a strong following with pro portrait shooters. It also was one of the main B&W films for cirkut photos, and I still have about 50 rolls of it ( 8" by 5 feet) . they discontinued it somewhere around 2002-2004. I've gotten fond of it - A great film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well the local press turned up.

Were here an hour taking shots of me with the negs and with the camera, then the online reporter turned up with the ne iphone and said they'd like to shoot some video for the website.
    Oh how embarrassing. Wish I'd brushed my hair etc.

So hopefully they'll tun the story and we might get some follow up leads. If I'm brave enough I'll post a link to the video, if they use it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amazing find! That picture of the old granny, back in the 60's gives a face to the generation that survived WW2, she looks tough like a nail, and yet, no doubt the best granny in the world!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtoes View Post
    Well the local press turned up.

Were here an hour taking shots of me with the negs and with the camera, then the online reporter turned up with the ne iphone and said they'd like to shoot some video for the website.
    Oh how embarrassing. Wish I'd brushed my hair etc.

So hopefully they'll tun the story and we might get some follow up leads. If I'm brave enough I'll post a link to the video, if they use it.
    That's great...I hope they use it, the local press are often very good at these local-history features, where many of the readers can relate to the time period.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well here you go.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...cades#comments

Hopefully it may be of use in finding something extra out.
    But just take a look at that first negative comment?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtoes View Post

But just take a look at that first negative comment?
    Some people enjoy being negative, often because they have some sort of chip on their shoulder. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    When did Kodak stop making verichrome,seems I bought some in the early 80's in 120.
    Mike
    There were two different films actually. I believe that Verichrome was orthochromatic. Approximately 1953-4 it was replaced with Verichrome Pan (obviously panchromatic).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin