Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,903   Online: 921

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well this made the BBC North-West regional news today so maybe someone will come forward to identify the people in the shots. I had to laugh at the opening statement which ran along the lines that the pictures had been produced thanks to the miracle of modern digital technology and here was me thinking it was the miracle of 50 yrs old film still being capable of development in chemicals by an analogue photographer. :

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Well this made the BBC North-West regional news today so maybe someone will come forward to identify the people in the shots. I had to laugh at the opening statement which ran along the lines that the pictures had been produced thanks to the miracle of modern digital technology and here was me thinking it was the miracle of 50 yrs old film still being capable of development in chemicals by an analogue photographer. :

pentaxuser
    You should call them and insist upon a retraction!!!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

pentaxuser

That bit did make me cringe. I watched it from behind the sofa.

If I get any further news about this I'll let you all know.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtoes View Post
    Well here you go.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...cades#comments

Hopefully it may be of use in finding something extra out.
    But just take a look at that first negative comment?
    That person's first negative comment is completely unneeded. They need to take their personal crap elsewhere. Hope you find the original people.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well who'd have thought.

Was asked to go into the BBC studios today. They had found the people in the photographs.

The lady in the polka dot dress was interviewed via telephone as she now lves near Vancouver, Canada.
    The chap sitting on the car is her husband (now seperated but also in Canada).
    The two boys are their sons.
    The older chap is her Brother in Law.
    The other young lady is her Sister in Law (I think)
    The old lady is her Mother in Law.
    The little girl she had no idea who?
    And she didnt say what the dogs name was.

The images were taken on vacation to LLandudno, North Wales. They were living in Wigan at the time.
    She was delighted to have seen the images and I've asked the BBC to pass my details on to her.

So mystery solved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great story, all in all.

Nice to hear that the people in the pictures were identified.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know as much as news media is typically a joke these days I gotta hand it to both news organizations for going the extra mile for you. Granted they're doing it for a story but it's still good to see them helping out on a positive story.

Get anyone to start shooting film again? :-)
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtoes View Post
    Well who'd have thought.

Was asked to go into the BBC studios today. They had found the people in the photographs.

The lady in the polka dot dress was interviewed via telephone as she now lves near Vancouver, Canada.
    The chap sitting on the car is her husband (now seperated but also in Canada).
    The two boys are their sons.
    The older chap is her Brother in Law.
    The other young lady is her Sister in Law (I think)
    The old lady is her Mother in Law.
    The little girl she had no idea who?
    And she didnt say what the dogs name was.

The images were taken on vacation to LLandudno, North Wales. They were living in Wigan at the time.
    She was delighted to have seen the images and I've asked the BBC to pass my details on to her.

So mystery solved.
    Good news then, I hope you make some proper prints for them, using real traditional photographic papers, not ink-jets.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A Ford Anglia! We had one, red with a white top.
    Haven't seen one in ages (not that i tried).
    Wow! Nice!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy17 View Post
    Good news then, I hope you make some proper prints for them, using real traditional photographic papers, not ink-jets.
    Yep thats the idea. Might even tone them to give that aged look.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin