Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,264   Online: 837

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji FP100-c reciprocity failure table?

I have searched high and low, but I can´t seem to find any info about FP100-c behaviour in long exposures. I know it is not really meant for long exposures, but I almost took it for granted that there was some useful info floating around somewhere.
    Anyone?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Fujifilm provides a reciprocity correction table on page 3 of the film's datasheet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks E76! At least that is good for up to 16 sec.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can derive the Schwarzschild exponent from the information in the .pdf. It works out to a Schwarzschild exponent of about 0.50. Plug that into a formula for correcting only with time instead of f-stops, in which case the correction compounds itself (like interest), and you get the following metered times and corresponding corrected times:

metered time corrected time
    seconds seconds
    1 3
    1.25 4.06
    1.5 5.25
    2 8
    2.5 11.25
    3 15
    4 24
    5 35
    6 48
    8 80
    10 120
    12 168
    15 255
    18.75 389.06
    22.5 551.25
    30 960

This is pretty poor reciprocity performance. Most modern black and white films are in the range of .80 to .93, with 1.0 being no reciprocity failure. Most modern color negative and color transparency films would be in the same range as current B&W films.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Lee, this is great but now I am also confused:
    The Fuji chart says that a measured time of 4 sec should be corrected one stop which would then be 8 sec, right?
    But your chart says that 4 sec should be corrected to 24 sec. What gives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Daniel View Post
    Thanks Lee, this is great but now I am also confused:
    The Fuji chart says that a measured time of 4 sec should be corrected one stop which would then be 8 sec, right?
    But your chart says that 4 sec should be corrected to 24 sec. What gives?
    If you correct by aperture, you can follow the .pdf chart, but if you correct only with exposure time, the adjustment compounds itself just like interest on a bank loan. Consider a Schwarzschild factor of 0.50 a very high rate of interest, with a consequent very heavy compounding effect.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Lee. I have some analog theory to check up on :-) Oh, and your table is just perfect for me. Looking forward to some twilight pola shots!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    You can derive the Schwarzschild exponent from the information in the .pdf. It works out to a Schwarzschild exponent of about 0.50. Plug that into a formula for correcting only with time instead of f-stops, in which case the correction compounds itself (like interest), and you get the following metered times and corresponding corrected times:
    It's been a while,
    could you please write the formula you were referring to?

I found this but my result doesn't match your:

Relative film speed = d*(t+1)^(p-1)

[p=Schwarzschild exponent; t=exposure time; declared film speed]

I'm trying to estimate correct exposure for my pinhole camera (f/315) which use FP-100 with a metered time of about 4 minutes.

(Sorry for my bad english)
    Thanks,
    Giacomo
    Last edited by giacoboh; 04-10-2012 at 06:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not well suited to pinhole, at least without super bright light based on using a box of the stuff myself. It gets a greener cast with longer exposures. A metered time of 4 minutes will go off the scale in guestimated exposure. Some pinhole camera's film holder backs aren't big enough for the pa-45 holder as well. Try it with a normal graflok equipped camera and pinhole lensboard if you need to try before you buy/build a pinhole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    It's not well suited to pinhole, at least without super bright light
    You're right, all underexposed (despite correct exposure) with that greener cast.
    I'm using a modified Polaroid CU5, nothing special, angle of view is quite ordinary.
    I'll give a last try in bright sun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin