Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,850   Online: 721

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have not tested it, but my old Olympus 35mm scanner uses a shiny metal backplate to scan negs/transparencies.
    It may work fine with plain flatbed scanners, specially with 120 film (for WEB posts), and is very cheap to try.

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been using a Microtek i900 flatbed scanner for a month or so now. It has a transparency drawer that handles pretty much everything. It does a fantastic job for what I use it for which is proofing and putting stuff on the web. It has glassless film carriers for 35mm strips, 6cm, and 4x5. anything bigger than that it has a glass carrier that will hold anything else up to 8x10 (I think). I really like the no glass scanning: no neuton rings, and a lot less dust. The only gripe I have is that the med format carrier requires that you cut the negs into individual frames. This makes darkroom printing a pain for me, so I've been using my MF film strips on the glass carrier (but I'm getting rings and dust!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin