Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,043   Posts: 1,560,841   Online: 1157

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cable Release Remote Mount on 13mm Tube?

Good morning,

Does anyone know of a mount for a cable release that will go onto a 13mm diameter tube?

I have a Manfrotto 701HDV Pan-Tilt Video Camera Head for a tripod that I like for use with my film gear. I want to put a cable release on the long handle, but I have not seen anything like this for a cable release on the video camera head handle. The guys at Manfrotto have one for mounting on their tripod ball head, but not for the handle of the video camera tripod head.

In looking through the 180 APUG threads on cable releases, I could not find any discussion of this kind of a question.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "mount for a cable release" (you want the cable release button to be solidly affixed to the handle so you can operate it with your hand that's already operating the handle, right?) but isn't this what precisely gaffer's tape is for? A million and one custom mounts in one roll! Or zip-ties if you plan to take it on and off a lot and don't want to deal with the glue residue.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (Not sure I totally understand the requirement but) how about a visit to your friendly office supply store and check out the big binder clips. Use a small cable clamp from Radio Shack (or in my case, the junk box) to attach the release to one handle of the binder clip, you got it. You could go deluxe and place a layer of some sort of tape inside the clip to reduce the possibility of marring the tripod.

My 1.3 (after tax) cents

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin