Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,998   Online: 802

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling to KEH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I sent them a list that and of course, there is no guarantee that when they inspect the equipment, they will pay you the estimate on the list. This is understandable, but if the equipment is better than expected, I doubt they will pay more.
    FWIW, of the multiple items I sent in, on one they found an issue that I wasn't aware of and on another they graded it higher than I did (and paid more).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love KEH and when I need to buy always look there first. I have tried to sell to them but their prices are lower than what one could get on an auction site - so much lower that it is worth the time and effort to sell that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to bump an old post, but I didn't want to make a new one since this one was already here. I took advantage of the Paypal quick-pay feature and I'm wondering how long they take to send the money through that system. I ask because I sent out my SX-70 and it arrived there today, but I'd like to know when to expect payment if they like the condition of the item. I have the chance to buy some film for a nice price and I'd like to do that asap.
    Check out my website!

Nikon F2//Yaschica T4//Zenza Bronica ETR//Polaroid SX-70 Sonar OneStep

Shooter
    35mm
    3 days after the buyer gets the item

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so I'll get the money three days from today? It was sent out to Smyrna, Georgia and arrived there today, and I even got a quote prior to sending the item out because it was something they already had.
    Check out my website!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last time I sold to them, which was probably about a year ago, I received a call from the buyer first. Once I accepted the offer, which was pretty much in line with the initial quote, I received a payment in mail about a week later.

I was told, speed depends on what they have on queue at the time. Someone will have to inspect your goods first, then the buyer will have to make you a formal offer first. Then a payment is made to you.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't get the whole buyer thing. That makes it sound like I won't have anything until someone visiting the website buys it, but the way it looks on their whole quote system makes it sound like KEH is the one buying the goods themselves. Now I'm a little confused. Anyhow, the "quick pay" feature is relatively new supposedly. It enables the company to send me the money straight to my Paypal without being contacted about it unless the company wants to pay me a different amount from their "quick quote".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Riehl View Post
    I don't get the whole buyer thing. That makes it sound like I won't have anything until someone visiting the website buys it, but the way it looks on their whole quote system makes it sound like KEH is the one buying the goods themselves. Now I'm a little confused. Anyhow, the "quick pay" feature is relatively new supposedly. It enables the company to send me the money straight to my Paypal without being contacted about it unless the company wants to pay me a different amount from their "quick quote".
    KEH have people whose job description is "buyer".

The sort of job that I sometimes dream about - "You are going to pay me to buy cameras with your money!!??"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, okay. So since it arrived, I have to wait 2-3 days for my money? That's not too long at all. I just hope that film is still there when I get the money, haha.
    Check out my website!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No....

What will happen is, when the item arrives at KEH, it will be reviewed by someone, possibly more than one person. Then, someone will call you, and say "we offer you X amount of dollars - do you accept this offer?" Once you say YES, then it will go to someone else who will process this, and make the payment. It may take more than 2 to 3 days or possibly less. If they have a lot to review, it may take much longer. My past experience has been, about a week to receive the call of offer. Then few more days to get the actual money.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin