Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,342   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

No more newton rings/no more cutting 120 negs

I was unhappy here with my search either for a film scanner or a flatbedscanner.

Because for most of the filmscanner you have to cut the 120 negs individually, or if you want to use a flatbed the risk for damaging the negatifs is high, or many times the scan shows newton rings.

(fui: I could'n afford a Amicon scanner, the only scanner that has'nt those problems).

But I found this:

http://imacon.inforce.dk/graphics/Im...ex_Holders.pdf

I ordered one of the holders yesterday. It wasn't cheap at all, agreed, I took some risks. (Think some handy men can easely create the holders themselves)

But on my Agfa Arcus 1200 (max 2400 ppi) it works wonderfull.

The solution for me. I don't need to cut my negs and no more newton rings or problems with dust anymore.

Hope, it was usefull for you!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My curiosity gets in my way sometimes, but just what exactly are these? I am thinking that one would place a negative in the holder for scanning. Is this correct? And it looks like you would have to cut the negative to place in the holder?

Just looking for information not challenging your use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear Ann,

Sorry that I wasn't clear at all :-)

That are Imacon filmholders of different dimensions for different type of films . One side of the holder is in flexible thin metal, the other side is in another flexible material that's kept in place by the magnetism of both materials.
    The filmholder is that thin that it don't disturbe when
    you close the flatbed scanner.

fred

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin